Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Best makes and models to have if wanting a lean inventory?

I'm facing a little dilemma. Over the years I've developed a buy list...see attachment but they're getting harder to find. At least decent ones with decent pricing and ones that don't have a whole lot of problems.

I want to narrow down the makes and models that I'll carry to just a very few slim lineup of machines. Keep in mind that I really don't have any manufacturer support as I'm not a dealer for any of the major players, except for the items that can be purchased through national distributors (typically lower end).

The thread best copiers ever is a great thread with many machines but again they're getting harder to procure.

I'd like a list recommendation on the models that I should carry while keeping the list lean and being able to be more of an "expert" on the models on the list rather than a fix it all kind of guy. Also this should help save on parts/supplies inventory costs.

Not really looking for every speed range. Basically, a small desktop model, entry level ledger size model (20-30 ppm); if need be can skip the many 20-49 ppm range machines and jump to the 50-60 ppm machines, and of course some high level production machines. Would like to keep the b/w and color offering but also get into production color in order to compete with the low rates. Canon and Konica Minolta seem to be the major options for 50+ ppm production color but I feel a little uncomfortable not being trained on a production color machine.

Any help in making a more modern up to date list would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

buylist.pdf

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Best makes and models to have if wanting a lean inventory?

Re: Best makes and models to have if wanting a lean inventory?

The theory is great. I wish I had only a couple hundred models to work on.

Some of those models are getting kinda old, too old to support, like the Canon iR330, Kyocera FalconI, and pretty soon FalconII.

The Kyocera KM-420i/520i, and Konica Minolta bizhub 223/363/423 are real workhorses, and easy to maintain. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

fulla

Re: Best makes and models to have if wanting a lean inventory?

I'd say good of Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Xerox,Kyocera. Just I'd add Sharp which is not the list.
    Good machines I define are good balance of fast output, low maintenance cost and easy communication.
    Some of my clients (rental dealer) shifted from Canon to Sharp due to high maintenance cost.
    If something I say good of Canon, that it does very well in branding and PR.