Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    THE worst feeling

THE worst feeling

1) Tackling a tricky paper jam problem...solving it, running 200 sheets.. Big Grin...then it jams while making a copy of the service invoice.

2) Tacking a specific problem on a functioning machine, only to break sometime leaving the customer totally down for a period of days.

My personal favorites....walking in, greeting the secretary, talking to end users to get a grip of the issue, kneeling down to get to work, and seeing a half-smoked cigarette fall out of my ear onto the carpet.

Another classic.

I finished a bear of a call, left the customers, went into my car, with the greatest sense of relief I ripped a massive and unholy fart. Three seconds later the customer is tapping on my window...I roll it down, she wants to know why the copies are coming out on the wrong finisher tray.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    THE worst feeling

Re: THE worst feeling

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    1) Tackling a tricky paper jam problem...solving it, running 200 sheets.. Big Grin...then it jams while making a copy of the service invoice.
    Been there...

2) Tacking a specific problem on a functioning machine, only to break sometime leaving the customer totally down for a period of days.
    Done that...

My personal favorites....walking in, greeting the secretary, talking to end users to get a grip of the issue, kneeling down to get to work, and seeing a half-smoked cigarette fall out of my ear onto the carpet.
    I don't smoke, but who keeps a cigarrete behind their ears? Or do you stick them all the way in like a cotton swab?

I finished a bear of a call, left the customers, went into my car, with the greatest sense of relief I ripped a massive and unholy fart. Three seconds later the customer is tapping on my window...I roll it down, she wants to know why the copies are coming out on the wrong finisher tray.
    That's a new one for me...

And shouldn't this be on Rants and Raves?
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!