Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hmartyb

Service Management Software

Hello all!

I am a new freelance tech and it is going well! I am already buried in work and am looking to purchase service/inventory/CRM software. Can you recommend a good and affordable package? Pros and cons of the packages you recommend? Thanks!

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Re: Service Management Software

if you use MS Office 2010 the Outlook has a CRM feature.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

hmartyb

Thanks! But what do you use to (for example) track the last copy count that you changed customer X's paper feed rollers, or such.

I am currently in the process of creating a client data base with excel.
    each machine will have their own folder and it will be tracked by serial numbers.
    if each of the techs do their job correctly it will be filled out in real time on a private cloud.
    this will in-turn be backed up on to a secure server.
    each tech will have a client data base on their computer and will be updated monthly.

If you put your mind to it and do some searching on the internet there are some free/shareware programs that
    should work for you. there was one I came across, its shareware if I remember correctly, that cost like $12.00 month per user.
    If I can locate it again I'll post the website for you. if you are the sole user then it would only be the $12.00 per month.
    it has CRM and billing features to it from my recollection.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

hmartyb

Thanks Shadow, that's kind of what I'm looking for. I requested a quote from a program called OMD.

look up NOLAPRO, they have a web based for $9.99 per month

Michael0814

First you are going to need a help desk to help you keep track of all those incoming support requests. I recommend www.focalscope.com because its easy to use, has all the features you need from a help desk/ticketing system, and it even includes live chat. And when it comes to CRM systems, you definitely want to go with something reputable, such as SugarCRM. If you choose Sugar & FocalScope, you have the added option of using the two systems in tandem because FocalScope supports integration with SugarCRM, out of the box.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hmartyb View Post
    Thanks Shadow, that's kind of what I'm looking for. I requested a quote from a program called OMD.
    OMD=$$$$$
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

hmartyb

Thanks guys, still watching this thread. Will definitely be checking out everything suggested so far.

kristhud

Service management software application should be preferred from sap or oracle, as they are leading business solution providers worldwide, we can choose software application for CRM and other business management processes.