Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Want to get hands on experience in PRODUCTION machines.

Hello Friends,

For years I've been wanting to dive into the realm of production sales and service...mostly service. Alas, I have never had the opportunity to do so. Mostly, because my manufacturer doesn't do production and the distributors don't deal in production machines.

By production I mean 100ppm up in b/w and 60-70ppm+ on color. I'd really like to become good on the digimasters, docutechs, docucolors, nuveras, bizhubs, and imagepresses, etc.

I've looked at manufacturer sites but didn't really see any tech positions plus it would be kind of hard for me to commit to a full time permanent position. So I'm kind of looking for say an "internship" if you will with another company to get some hands on production experience and training.

Something closer to me would be ideal and of course I'd sign agreements to not steal customers, etc., as in real life I'm very honest and principled and easy to get along with and a fast learner.

The "host" dealer would most likely not even have to pay me anything; so they'd get free labor and maybe learn from me as well in exchange for the knowledge and work experience.

The only other possible thing I can think of would be to buy out an existing dealership but none are really for sale in my area and most of the competition around here is doing $20million+ and honestly if I had that kind of money laying around I wouldn't be doing this stuff, well maybe.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions, or willing to try a program like this?

Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Want to get hands on experience in PRODUCTION machines.

BUMP