Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

Re: Copier College???

Quote Originally Posted by Athlontini View Post
    Would anybody recommend pursuing the PDI+ after they've already been sent to training by their dealer? I've been kicking the idea around in my head as a means of showing my mettle should I have to look for another job, but it's not as though I'm clueless on anything copy process-related.

YES!!!!!!!

I recommend having any CompTIA cert under your belt if you want to move forward in this business, and for most copier techs, the PDI+ is the one cert that would be the quickest to obtain. Go to the CompTIA website and download the course study materials and look through them.... you will see that, for the average technician with two or more years experience, it is a test that most can pass.

Do this for YOURSELF- you do not know where you will end up in a year, or 2,

Then go for Network+, or A+. or CDIA+

Any training certificates, any course completions, any attaboys, should be collected and prepped for show because tomorrow is a new day-be ready.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

Re: Copier College???

Thanks for the reply - I have an A+ already (and it's grandfathered in for life), and I haven't gotten a Network+ for precisely that reason - 2010 ended before I felt ready to pass. I'm not the biggest fan of having to reaffirm my knowledge every 3 years.

I'll definitely plan on that PDI+ sometime in the future.