153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Company Provided

93 60.78%
  • Personal with compensation

60 39.22%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Company or Personal Vehicles

I really liked the look of the Yaris when researching service vehicles. But since I have to make deliveries occasionally, there was no way to cram a Copystar CS-3050 in the back. I remember fondly of the days all I had to worry about was my 5 or 6 service calls, and finding a few minutes for lunch.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I really liked the look of the Yaris when researching service vehicles. But since I have to make deliveries occasionally, there was no way to cram a Copystar CS-3050 in the back. I remember fondly of the days all I had to worry about was my 5 or 6 service calls, and finding a few minutes for lunch.
    yea. know what ya mean about needing room. i'm a kinda large sized guy but i fit into the yarus prety well. as for the room, i keep the back seat folded down to maximize storage space. gas mileage descent with approx. 30-35 mpg. thought the car was was ugly at first. it's grown on me now though. as for deliveries, we use the delivery truck with liftgate..

I've gotten pretty fond of this 08 Scion xB. With the proper arranging it will take the CS-3050, cassette base, finisher, Document Feeder, and a tool case.

CopyXpress
    I drive my own, car, and get no kind of reimbursement. Am I getting shafted? How do I bring this to the owners attention without loosing my job?

I guess that depends on how big a territory you have, how many miles per week.

I was offered $0.12 per mile to drive my own car, and turned it down flat.
    The way I approached this is, I produced reciepts demonstrating costs of ~$0.30 per mile, and gently pointed out that at 1000 miles per week that would cut into my pay to the tune of $300 per week.

Don't forget to include car payments, gas, insurance, repairs, vehicle registration, license renewals, & car washes. I would personally be very surprised if it wasn't closer to $0.40 per mile or more.

In the state of Michigan I believe the state mileage rate is $0.48 to $0.52 per mile.

Dukem
    You are sooo getting the big shaft! If you are a good tech and think you could not be easily replaced there is no problem. Get the other techs together and schedule a meeting. The owner knows he's getting off cheap. Tell him you'll be happy to accept the industry standard mileage rate or actual cost. Remember that whatever you don't get reimbursed for you can claim on your taxes.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukem View Post
    Remember that whatever you don't get reimbursed for you can claim on your taxes.
    Our company half personal cars, half company cars. Last year we only got .30 per mile, (gov said .485.) That left a difference on my mileage reimbursement of about $2900.00. At my tax rate that only got me $580.00. I'd rather have the $2900.00. This year we went up to .35 per mile, but the Gov also went up to .525. In my book, still getting screwed.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts The Otrain's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. I've always worked at a company that had fleet vehicles. Thinking of switching to Sharp Business Solutions. It will be my first job with personal vehicles. Haven't gone into details about the reimbursement package yet. That comes up this Wed. Good to get some ideas!

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    I've got a company vehicle now, but drove my own car for the first 3 or 4 years. I don't remember what the mileage rate was exactly, I'm thinking .31 or so. I think the guys driving their cars now are getting .41 or .42. They pay the up keep, gas, etc.

Senior Production Tech 100+ Posts texchar555's Avatar
    I work in the Dallas / ft. Worth area. I use my own car and get 44 cents a mile. reinbursements check is about $300.00 to $450.00 plus bonuses which is about $350.00 average.