Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Company Provided

93 60.78%
  • Personal with compensation

60 39.22%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sharp, Ricoh, Lanier Tech DSallee's Avatar
    We get a company car (I drive an 08 Aveo HB) .... 10 @ 08 Aveo's, 6 @ 94 Rangers (what I started in 2 yrs ago) and we just purchased 2 09 HHR's ....

We also get gas card, car wash card, all car service paid, car insurance paid, Laptop, Blackberry, uniforms, trainings and tools supplied. We can use our vehicles for (some) personal use... they will and do track us (our cars have GPS tracking so they know exactly where we are at at all times... ) We get to take our cars home every night even over weekends and vacations...

Oh and we also have Pike Passes paid for the Will Rogers Turnpike (Toll road)...

They take care of us pretty good

Sales, parts and office personnel have to use their own vehicles though...lol

Dave
    GFI Digital Inc, KC
    SHARP, RICOH, LANIER Tech

Moocher
    Some of you guys a re getting well shafted.

We have company fleet cars (no older than 3 years or 100k miles), (Techs get focus estates, TDCI)
    Company fuel card, fully insured, all maintenance and repairs, hire cars when in garage.
    All tools
    Shirts
    Mobile phone (PDA)
    Manufacturer training
    Notebook soon
    We can also get free tickets to racing venues as we have an arm of the company involved in the industry, sometimes you can get VIP box!

We can opt out of the government fuel tax and pay for private mileage (I do that as it saves me about £20 a month)

We can also opt out of company car and provide our own (interest free loan to buy car). Company re-emburse for servicing and pay for mileage that is not private, the guys that do this say thats it is at least the same or cheaper than company car.

The best thing about this company is that if you have a bad problem you can't get to the bottom of you just phone supevisor or service manager to get verbal assistance or eventually supervisor will come to machine with or without you and sort it out, and there's no comeback or negative view taken. They would rather get the m/c fixed and running for customer than score points against techs.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    We have just been forced to get our own vehicles, get $525 per month if newer than 5 years or 435 if older (taxed , so you don't see it all till tax return filed). Plus about 20 cents per kilometer for gas. Company reimburses for parking.Canada

DCR
    We get,

Brand new car every 3 years or 70k iirc. (Girlfriend/Wife/Husband etc can use the car too)
    I've got a Megane sport tourer dynamique with sat nav, cd changer, cruise, sports seats, etc.
    Fuel/Oil Card,
    Toll Tag,
    Full tool set, Snap on may I add.
    Decent spec laptop, new one every 3 years,
    Hard drive with most service manuals, (we support ALL manufacurers)
    PDA/Phone with push e-mail, can order parts/cleaning stuff on it too,
    All Manufacturer training,
    Unlimited ordering of air dusters, foam cleaner, rags, etc.
    Excellent salary and really easy to get bonus's, plus put a lead in for a sale (This isnt pushed, some people don't do them) and you get commision too.
    All Parking paid for,
    Best hotel in the area provided for all training courses with all food and drink paid for.
    All parts delivered to a drop point in your area with discretion to use a next day delivery.

Can't complain really, love the job and company

Only negative thing for some people is we have to wear a suit and tie, but I like dressing that way.

I used to work for Nashua and had to use my own car.Thought it was a good idea at the time, but we got screwed.I now work for Panasonic and have a company pickup.Much better.No more high milige cars for me!!!!!!!!!!

Agitating Artificer 250+ Posts CopierTechofOmens's Avatar

Wink Size 13 walking shoes and a life-alert necklace....

Company pays all work related travel expenses. I just shell out 30c/mile personal use, everything included.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts DallasTech's Avatar
    We get .48 cents a mile and tolls are reimbursed.

Sounds like the techs across the big pond have it a little better.

Here is my car on it's weekend warrior setup:

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    hi- I get car allowance - by FAR the most tax efficient in the u.k - my last company car was an Audi A4 and was massively shafted by the tax man

last car was the seat cupra r(wife has that now)
    don't think was availble outside the U.k

car at present mazda6 mps -in the U.s.a known as Mazdaspeed6
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    I'm glad this subject is being covered. My company is throwing around the idea of company vehicles.
    what are some the terms you guys have with your company on this?
    Do they charge you back communiting miles from your house to the first call?
    Do you pay a fee back to the company for using their company vehicle?
    Does your company register the vehicle in your name?
    These are just some of the things that have been coming to us through the rumour mill. I'm trying to get a feel for what other companies are doing.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    Company or Personal Vehicles

My Ute.jpg

This is my baby. I get an allowance for the ute, plus fuel. The rest gets written off at tax time.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.