Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    WinklingSky

Re: What is the best brand for the laptop?

I think Apple is the best brand and the reason is they manufacture very nice and advance laptops which has a good name in the market.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

The problem with Apple is that they make a lot of changes to their hardware, and if you're using the machine for service use often a lot of the utilities you need aren't available for the Macs so you'll still end up using Windows either as a dual boot or a virtual machine. Also, I'm a little old fashioned and I like having the option of a swappable battery, which Apple has all but done away with, as well as Ethernet (if for no other reason than to use for crossover purposes), plus a disc drive is a little more handy than most people still realise. Maybe I'm just cheap and don't feel like paying an Apple Tax, especially when if you tear the thing down you'll find the same components that are in any PC so why pay the extra money for a bunch of proprietary connectors, non-upgradable hard drives and RAM, and a one button touchpad (seriously, are their no contextual menu users in Mac Land? I shouldn't need to hit two keys or twirl my fingers like a divebombing bird on the trackpad to get a freaking menu)???

willim

I would recommend apple (Mac book)
    It lasts a long time
    Its bit expensive, but worthwhile

HarrietAidan

I recommend Acer for the best brand laptop.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Currently I have a Lenovo Laptop with Windows 7 x64 bit for work.

Get a laptop with either Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 Pro. You won't be disappointed!

Skip Vista and 8.

Lenovo and Dell are good for support on hardware drivers.

Acer would be an option for a good low end laptop.

I have one of the first Acer Aspire One netbooks that I maxxed out the RAM on, installed a Solid State Drive (SSD) and installed vanilla XP Pro with all of the appropriate hardware drivers....that little sucker flies like a mini bat out of hell!!!...LOL!

So whatever you get, optimize it for how you use it...you won't be disappointed!

PS--If you just "gotta" have a Mac, go here!:

http://www.macofalltrades.com/Apple-Laptops-s/5.htm

I have ordered several PowerPC based Macs from them and they have a good reputation and competitive prices for used machines! They also sell the Intel based Macs!

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    Currently I have a Lenovo Laptop with Windows 7 x64 bit for work.

Get a laptop with either Windows XP Pro or Windows 7 Pro. You won't be disappointed!

Skip Vista and 8.

Lenovo and Dell are good for support on hardware drivers.

Acer would be an option for a good low end laptop.

I have one of the first Acer Aspire One netbooks that I maxxed out the RAM on, installed a Solid State Drive (SSD) and installed vanilla XP Pro with all of the appropriate hardware drivers....that little sucker flies like a mini bat out of hell!!!...LOL!

So whatever you get, optimize it for how you use it...you won't be disappointed!

PS--If you just "gotta" have a Mac, go here!:

Buy Refurbished and Used Apple Laptop Computers | mac of all trades

I have ordered several PowerPC based Macs from them and they have a good reputation and competitive prices for used machines! They also sell the Intel based Macs!
    I currently run an Acer Aspire (entry level i3) Win 8 64 bit (with classic shell) for work.. Nice little laptop. It's pretty peppy with 4GB of ram. Would love to pop in an SSD. Battery life is great. My old laptop was an Acer Travel Mate circa 2006, built like a tank(mostly) ran XP pro. Finally the battery and the HDD went out.(was old IDE connector) not worth repairing. I would love to have a Lenovo too.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    What is the best brand for the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by willim:359681
    I would recommend apple (Mac book)
    It lasts a long time
    Its bit expensive, but worthwhile

MACs are more than a bit expensive, I could never justify paying 1,500 to 4,000 bucks for a computer.

Even their refurbished equipment is out of reach.

but that's just my current financial situation, I'd love one in the future