Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    KlobzMokz

What is the best brand for the laptop?

I want to buy laptop as soon as. But haven’t idea what’s brand is good and hat are the features when considered.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: What is the best brand for the laptop?

The one coming without Windows-8..........

Hans

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

For personal or service?

Technician 500+ Posts

I use a Lenovo B570 for work as well as personal. Its an IBM. Great product.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts doug94550's Avatar

I use the Asus Eee PC 1015. It is a small 10.1" display with a 160 gig hard drive.
    It does everything I need for it to do in the field and fits nicely in my toolkit.
    It is not a high performance PC so don't buy it with the intention of doing heavy duty gaming.
    And the pricing is reasonable.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts bilyahn's Avatar

Whatever you do, stay away from the middle series of HPs. Have had nothing but trouble with these for years. Examples of problems, keyboard failure (Pavillion series), video and motherboard issues leading to dead/black machines (Pavillion series) and a recently purchased HP the hard drive failed after about 7 months of pedestrian use. We currently have a HP in the shop that is doing okay but I only use it for basic office stuff, Word, email and things like that. I personally like Dell but have some friends who have less than stellar results with them also.

Bil

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Dell can be a good choice, but stay away from the consumer grade ones and go for the business line Latitude machines: better construction, more options for customisation (including Windows 7 Pro as the OS), and better support as well. Lenovo is also a good choice for the same reason, though you may pay a little more for the machine you actually get a good product.

I have to agree when it comes to HP: I do some third party work for some of the retail places around me, and HP warranty calls seem to come around a lot. Since HP is a pain to deal with, I just decline those.

Overall, it really depends on what you're looking to do with the machine.

We've been doing IT consulting for 10 years, and in all the laptops we've had come back for repair that we've sold, HP and Sony have had the highest failure rate. Dell's have been kinda iffy, I had a Dell XPS for my desk and it died after 2 years.

ThinkPad's have been rock solid. We've sold them before they were Lenovo, and since they were Lenovo. Every now and then i'll see something like a bad hard drive, but overall they have been great.

I use a ThinkPad t40 for field use that is probably about 8-9 years old. carry it every day, it's still running like a champ.

BrownyStripe

I prefer Apple Mac Book Pro Fall 2011 it’s the best mainstream laptop. I just recently bought this Mac, and it was my first ever. I was a big windows fan, until I used my friends Mac, and I instantly fell in love with it.

Confused & Bewildered 250+ Posts sdrawkcab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KlobzMokz View Post
    I want to buy laptop as soon as. But haven’t idea what’s brand is good and hat are the features when considered.
    only one

TOSHIBA

enough said
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints