Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Scanning/copying 8x11 by wide format.

I have a client with a poster printer, it has a feeder and scans 8x11 and will "copy" the page into a 36" banner. There machine is too costly to repair so I am looking for a plug n play type of scanner setup that will enlarge the 8x11 scan to print up to 24 inches on a wide format inkjet, without the need for the scanner to be plugged into the PC. Does anyone know of a scanner that will do this? I used to sell a Avision "Digital Copy Device" that plugged into a Panasonic Dp-CL22 Color Laser Printer, but they no longer offer these products.

Thanks for any input or solutions.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Scanning/copying 8x11 by wide format.

What's the brand and model number of the machine you wish to connect an external scanner to? We're kind of a detail oriented bunch like that here, that's kind of important information.
    For example, based on the information you shared, I could give you some tips. But there's a somewhat significant possibility that they would be the exact opposite of what you require, which would cause you unnecessary stress. Who needs that?
    Last edited by Iowatech; 07-31-2013 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Correcting bad grammar (repeated words look bad)

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I do not have a model, I will be selling a NEW printer, so any scanner/printer combination that will be compatible and work with what I need it to do will be fine. They do not need a full size wide format with a built in scanner, just a small scanner that can direct connect to the printer to make blown up copies of the smaller page.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Any scanner should do the trick, look at Canon DR7080c. they will scan in color up to 11x17. just create a destination folder, resize and send it to the wide format. other than that if your looking for something that will scan>copy directly to the wide format get ready to lay down some cash. HP designjet t1100mfp maybe wholesale?