Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Canned Air!!!!

rictech

Rocket Air Blower

Try one of these, lots more power than the small ones:

Rocket Air Blower

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Canned Air!!!!

This looks like a vast improvement over the binky little blower brushes (phhh, phhh, phhh, and nothing happens). I'll put this one on my Must-Have list. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

rocket blower

Here is one for a little cheaper, this website has a lot of good tools for pretty cheap and reasonable shipping. I get my spring hooks from there.
    Blower, Giottos Rocket-Air Large - Part #: AA1900

Service Manager 250+ Posts joelsa12's Avatar

Stoner

Not only a cool name for a company, but they have many canned air product. You can order dirrectly from them, which is cheaper. They also have many other products that they offer. With every large order they will send you a tee shirt. It has big red letters that says STONER on it. Makes me laugh every time that I wear the shirt. I prefer the 360 spray anyway. It is a little more expensive, but you will never get propellant coming out even if you hold the can upside down. Good luck in your search.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Just a heads up, some canned air propellant will MELT PLASTIC PARTS!!!
    I had a customer who was using it to blow out the feeder when he got a paper jam instead of just calling me. Eventually the plastic body which was the inner guide deformed causing constant jams and had to be sanded to restore paper travel. Took me a while to figure that one out! Since he's stopped using it, no more jams! Good thing as that particular part is part of the base frame and a bear to replace (total teardown and reassembly).

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Have you ever ignited the propellant in an aerosol can on purpose? Back in college I was really curious. Bic lighter + depleted can of Right Guard deodorant = an (8) foot long fireball!!!! It scared the shtt out of me!

=^..^=
    We used to take rubbing alcohol and pour it on our desks in college and light it on fire. We'd also take a baseball and soak it in the alcohol light is and roll it down the dorm halls.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canned Air!!!!

I have had a Metro DataVac Electric Duster model ED500 for a while now, It is pretty nice to have around when you need it. Super long AC cord, well made with steel. Good size, I can fit it in my tool case pocket. I'm going to eventually get a momentary switch replacement for it.

I fell in love with canned air the 1st time I hit a set of toner covered developing unit gears and they looked like brand new in about 1/2 a second..

I dont use a blower... dust/toner always likes to end up in the nastiest places... i always carry a vaccum with me... I use a 3M vac specially designed for toner and fine particles... its a powerhouse... it'll suck anything out of anywhere, dust, toner, dev... Well maybe you guys on the other side of the "creek" got better canned air than we do here... but yeah my vaccum's suction power beated the blowing power of the couple cans i tried...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canned Air!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    We used to take rubbing alcohol and pour it on our desks in college and light it on fire. We'd also take a baseball and soak it in the alcohol light is and roll it down the dorm halls.
    When I was in tech. school with the AF Reserve, we used to take beer cans, (the old style with edges) cut holes in the ends making a baffle, fill the bottoms with lighter fluid and put a tennis ball in the top. Made a nice bazooka, used to have wars across the quad in the dorms. Loads of fun.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: Canned Air!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    When I was in tech. school with the AF Reserve, we used to take beer cans, (the old style with edges) cut holes in the ends making a baffle, fill the bottoms with lighter fluid and put a tennis ball in the top. Made a nice bazooka, used to have wars across the quad in the dorms. Loads of fun.
    Yep ... also made great big, very loud, window rattling boom, when you just ignite the lighter fluid ( no tennis ball to baffle the noise ) .
    I would be scared to try this with beer or soda cans today.
    Paul, do you think that soup cans would be sturdy enough to make one ?
    HMMM .... I might collect a few cans and let you know how it works out ......
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .