Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Canned Air!!!!

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

Re: Canned Air!!!!

Just thought I would let people know Wally World, [Wal-Mart] has small vac/blowers...Purchase the Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Co. Vac 'N' Blo, VM12500T for less at Walmart.com. Save money. Live better.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Technician

In case you are wondering how to determine if a can of air is flammable or non-flammable this might help. The vast majority of the canned air available at big box stores and office supply places will be flammable because the the flammable propellant (gas) is significantly cheaper. If you look at the ingredients on the back of a can and see the words DIFLUOROETHANE, ETHYL ALCOHOL, HFC 152a, Dymel, Halogenated Hydrocarbon, or CAS# 75-37-6 these will all be flammable. The flammability is very comparable to aerosol hair spray. The flammable air also has a noticeable petroleum odor and the blast pressure is a bit less (about 70 psi at 70 degrees F) so you typically need to sprayed it a bit longer to get the same cleaning. Non-flammable canned air will often times be advertised as "Premium" air but looking at the ingredients is the only way to truly know if it is non-flammable. If you see the ingredients Tetrafluoroethane, HFC 134a, or CAS# 811-97-2 the product is non-flammable. With this product you will notice very little or no odor during use and the blast pressure will be higher (90-96 psi at 70 degrees F).

Just thought someone might get some value out of this.

Phil

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I use a little puffer bulb.
    If its more than that I have a 5 gallon aluminum air tank. If that dont get, I have a 3HP air compressor. all in the trunk of my car. I will place machine on a cart or dolly which I carry, take it outside and blow it out. works better than any can of air. You need to blow it out outside anyway unless you prefer to blow germ y dust in the office. doesnt make sense to me. with the puffer bulb I can move enough dust or paper dust to get the job done. if it is bigger mess than a vacuum for the toner pile if safe to use in that area else It goes outside. I am talking printers. as for copiers take a vacuum cleaner and 5 gallon air tank. Turn on vac and then blow the air while sucking up dust so not to go all over the place. If it is real bad and you cant move machine, wear a mask, then cover the machine with a cover that will allow you to blow it out and vacuum at the same time and yet not go anywhere else except your work area. Like a cover a telephone or power line worker uses to stay covered yet smaller. saves your back from moving machines.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Canned Air!!!!

Re: caned air bombs

Quote Originally Posted by imagertech View Post
    i had one blow out my front window the other day in 100* heat. it was in the back of my hatchback and shot to the front of the car and smashed the windshield.
    Thanks for reviving this old thread.

Yeah, it's a little scary when you can hear something in the back hissing loudly when you shut off the car ... and you hope it isn't something corrosive or explosive. Last time it was a can of WD40 that didn't like the 100+ F degrees inside the car. It took a while to find it.

I did buy a Giottos Air Rocket a while back, and have been using it daily.

Giottos Air Rocket.jpg

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canned Air!!!!

Costco canned air, cheap and works fine

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

I purchased myself an airbrush compressor, and did a really good cleaning of it.
    I don't have to worry about it exploding in the back of the vehicle, or it running out half way through the job.
    best $25.00 I spent.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Canned Air!!!!

I never have canned air problems and have not for decades. I have no idea how you can possibly clean some areas out with a little puffer brush.

No idea where you guys buy air that explodes? Cracked gas r us?

Canned Air!!!!

I can blow out real hard with a controlled burst of air from my lungs and it is free.

No moisture, I have a bushy mustache.

Also grown for free.
    Last edited by nmfaxman; 08-13-2013 at 03:55 AM. Reason: "blow" and "hard" left open too many easy jokes.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmfaxman View Post
    I can blow out real hard with a controlled burst of air from my lungs and it is free.

No moisture, I have a bushy mustache.

Also grown for free.
    blow on a pair of eye glasses, moisture! Also sprinkles of spit come out. I carry a 5 gallon aluminum tank that can be filled. when it runs out or I need more I have also a 3hp compressor in the trunk. I'm getting too old to blow any air away I need it all. Besides where are you blowing the dust out in an office? I would rather take it outside and blow it out if it is a printer.
    I like the mustache brush, funny.