Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts oeshuron's Avatar

Ford Transit Connect

Looking for a replacement service/delivery van. Anyone using these? Thoughts or comments if so? Looking for the ability to deliver copiers without disassembly except maybe removing adf. Mileage, shelving systems, all comments welcome!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ford Transit Connect

Re: Ford Transit Connect

They're popular. I've read a bit about them. The only weakness that I'm aware of is the transmissions. Typical Ford.

I'm sure that someone that drives one can offer more. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts onlyinnewfoundland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post
    Looking for a replacement service/delivery van. Anyone using these? Thoughts or comments if so? Looking for the ability to deliver copiers without disassembly except maybe removing adf. Mileage, shelving systems, all comments welcome!
    Hey man

We have two of them and they are pretty decent rigs for moving around copiers. We haven't done any shelving in them but there is ample room. They are particularly great for moving taller machines, and I find that most Canon's that we have in the field will fit okay without any disassembly. Essentially, you can fit any copier up to the iR-ADV C9000/7000 + accessories, and it will also fit up to the iPF8000 series wide formats.

The mileage I'm not sure what to tell you as we're in Canada - typically I get anywhere from 500-650 km per tank, depending on the load in the vehicle. So I guess that's about 35mpg or thereabouts.

Issues:

Stupidly huge windshield - loves getting cracked up
    Wheel bearings are kinda flaky after moving a lot of ADV 5000 & 7000 - keep the weight distributed evenly and you should be okay
    Stock tires are useless

Hope this helps - feel free to ask more, I'm sure you have specifics that I might be able to answer.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oeshuron View Post

This might be too late. Mine has been reliable, but they are bad in snow and ice. Front wheel drive and small tires. However, price was great and they are great to work out of. Gas is much better than a larger truck and they look nice(image). I cover a large area the $ saved on the purchase price and gas made it the right choice.

What is everyone using to load and unload larger copiers out of these (just purchased one this weekend)?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

we use the "salesmaker" cart by ferno. Just adj. the height to fit the height of the van. We have 3 of these vans and no problems yet. The worst thing is they are frigin freezeing inside for about 30 minutes on the cold days- like today. Just had a rear tire blow out this morning- wasn't too bad to change.

I am referring to large machines such as Sharp MX-5001n, MX-M503n, etc.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

we are a sharp dealer and deliver them all the time. We take the cabinets or lcf off.

humblecopierservice

Yeah I've been thinking about purchasing one of the transits. They seem to be good for moving machines. The gas mileage is good and its not too expensive.

Lloyd
    http://www.humblecopier.com

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onlyinnewfoundland View Post
    Hey man

We have two of them and they are pretty decent rigs for moving around copiers. We haven't done any shelving in them but there is ample room. They are particularly great for moving taller machines, and I find that most Canon's that we have in the field will fit okay without any disassembly. Essentially, you can fit any copier up to the iR-ADV C9000/7000 + accessories, and it will also fit up to the iPF8000 series wide formats.

The mileage I'm not sure what to tell you as we're in Canada - typically I get anywhere from 500-650 km per tank, depending on the load in the vehicle. So I guess that's about 35mpg or thereabouts.

Issues:

Stupidly huge windshield - loves getting cracked up
    Wheel bearings are kinda flaky after moving a lot of ADV 5000 & 7000 - keep the weight distributed evenly and you should be okay
    Stock tires are useless

Hope this helps - feel free to ask more, I'm sure you have specifics that I might be able to answer.
    My dealer says all he has is stock tires. Have you found another tire or more specifically a winter tire? If you have , please be specific as my tires are wearing out again.

Thanks in advance.