Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 250+ Posts

imagistics 4510 toner chips where to buy

anyone have any idea where one might buy the toner chip for the imagistics 4510 ? these are the same machines as the sharp 450 which could use the sharp toner if one could find the chips at a reasonable price. the chip doesn't keep count of the copy count but is more or less a timer for the toner box, I think. If anyone knows a fix around it would be just as well. I can buy sharp toner for around 45 bucks and the imagistics is over 75.00. there is a need for this chip as there are a lot of used 4510/4511/3510/33511 out there and would be great for us small dealers. I have done several google searchs and not found anything. course, putting in the right words might help on google searchs but have not come up with those words yet. any help appreciated

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    imagistics 4510 toner chips where to buy

They're called CRUM chips, and they track copy count, and disable the cartridge when the toner empty signal is sent back to the chip. For example, if the toner cartridge drive coupler breaks, and toner empty is determined, the chip/cartridge is disabled (even if it's full of toner). The only source of these CRUM chips I know of is attached to Sharp toner cartridges.

hollisizer
    Katun Corp sales a recharge kit that comes with toner and the crum chip for the ar-m450 and 455 version but dont know if that would work on the imagistics version but it would be worth a try...good luck!

won't work. the crum chips are different. but I did ask the sale rep could he get them. said he would look into it.

Have a look at Summit Technologies they might be able to help...
    www.summitlaser.com/
    regards

John

" The Game never ends..When your whole World depends..On the Turn of a Friendly Card..."

John
    they didn't show it in their inventory so I called them and they said that it may be in the future. I know someone makes it as there are a few compatible toners on the market.