Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Service call tracking software

Hello

Can anyone recommend software that I can use to keep service calls in order. I have tried using an excel spread sheet but think I am losing info in the mix. I am on a budget but think if I had a cheap software to keep it more organized I could save money. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Service call tracking software

You might check this thread out in case there's a professional program that can help:
    http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/sh...ur-company-use
    That being said, you might try setting something up in a database program. While I haven't had Office in a while, you should have Microsoft's database program if you have excel.
    Heh, back in the eighties I had Alpha Five set up to track my time and part usage, and I tried to share that with everybody I knew. But I gave up entirely after nobody could answer the question "What exactly do you want this to do?". I guess that is a kind of an important question to consider.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

What are your basic requirments ???
    Quote Originally Posted by Valintine View Post
    Hello

Can anyone recommend software that I can use to keep service calls in order. I have tried using an excel spread sheet but think I am losing info in the mix. I am on a budget but think if I had a cheap software to keep it more organized I could save money. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

I started setting up a database once where I could do this. But I guess I wanted a lot more than I wanted to spend time creating. It started with just customer info. Then I wanted machine make & model, then IDs for each machine, linked to the specific customers (each one might have more than one location, along with different billing addresses), then there were part numbers (which might cross-reference between different machine models - possibly having different prices for different customers), and of course there was technician tracking (I'm the only one, but I still want to track myself.)

This sound like what you're looking for?

I gave up and just started using quickbooks to track most things. I can't track my machine IDs, but I believe there's an add-on to quickbooks that makes service and asset tracking real easy. I think they charge monthly for that feature. So if budget is a problem, you might, as suggested, try developing your own database. Let me know if you go this route and I will plead and beg you to give it to me for free.