Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    When I was with Northrop-Grumman IT we switched to Runzheimer. The only way you could stay ahead of it was to NOT drive anywhere.

Your mileage rate changed every month and fluctuated with the cost of gasoline in the area, at the end of last year I was making around 18-19 cents/mile with a fixed rate of $420 or thereabouts. Compare that to the 45 cents/mile we WERE getting prior to Runzheimer and you'll see it's a terrible service.

enrolledagent82

Smile A better alternative to Runzheimer

Check out www.cardataconsultants.com. Better rates and better service.

MountaineerLegion
    Asking if Runzheimer works depends on who you are.

Runzheimer only works well if you are the corporate officer trying to save your company a bunch of money and get a big bonus while you stick it to all your employees who drive a bunch.

The plan basically pays you a fixed rate for some expenses and a variable rate for others. But....

The plan allows the company to pick what their model vehicle will be. The model vehicle determines things like depreciation allowance, gas mileage, maintenance allowance, tires, etc. My great company chose a Toyota Corolla...very low depreciation, good gas mileage, very low maintenance, small tires, etc. ....sooo, all my allowances assume I have the ideal car to travel in which I don't.... sooo, I lose money for every mile I drive unless I want to go out and buy a Corolla.

Additionally, as gas goes up by say .20 a month your gas allowance per mile goes up by about .01!

The VP (from a finance background) who implemented this got a big slap on the back and a big bonus. The company had MASSIVE turnover after they switched to this plan. I guess to be fair, Runzheimer may offer a plan where a Mack truck is the model vehicle in which case if you drive a Prius then you just got a raise...somehow I don't think any VP would pick that plan.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Does anyone use Runzheimer for mileage?

The thing that our our people noticed was that the mileage rate varied so radically based on zip code. My buddy Steve, who lived in one of the richer zip codes got 25% more than I did our in the country.

Personally I did very well under Runzheimer. My vehicle of choice was the Ford Festiva. I drove four of them until they would go no more. Over 185K miles on each one, and 35 to 41 mpg right up to the end. Better mileage with the stick shift. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

supercopier

Runzheimer is awesome!

I used to dread logging my mileage and expenses but now by being on the Runzheimer plan it is so easy, fair and accurate. We used another company for this is in the past and I am soooo happy that we switched over to Runzheimer.
    I am fairly reimbursed, the support is top notch and the products/services are the best in the business. My company also uses Runzheimer for travel and entertainment expenses, relocation and with my working from home I really like their support for virtual office workers.
    A really cool thing is that Runzheimer has a route optimization tool to get me where I am going faster and with less gas. Runzheimer also has GPS enabled products that automate all of your mileage/trips straight into their system and notify me of where I need to go. I just turn on my Blackberry and head on my calls for the day. I can then just click a button in their portal, my mileage populates into their system and get paid accurately! You do not have to keep paper logs or miss trips anymore. I live in California and my reimbursement rates are calculated for my specific location, not some general inaccurate number. I am provided with tons of valuable information, so I visit their website everyday to use the tools.
    Everyone who is mobile, travels or drives can use these tools whether you are on the road daily or only once in awhile. I highly recommend Runzheimer and they are constantly making it easier for me to concentrate on my job and make my life easier. Have your company contact them and you will be happy you did! www.runzheimer.com
    Last edited by supercopier; 10-02-2008 at 02:22 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Does anyone use Runzheimer for mileage?

Yeah, I was under runzheimers plan and I lost about 200 to 300 dollars a month driving to service calls. It's a system that keeps you in debt making you purchase a new or newer car every 3 to 4 years. You get very little in milage reimbursment and it's paid out once a month..yuk! So, if gas shoots up a dollar a gallon cause a hurricane hit Texas and then two weeks later gas went back down a dollar.. guess what, you just lost big time and you will not get reimbursed all that you are owed.

I didn't care for it nor did 90% of the other techs. You can beat it though.... If you pay cash for a new car, bargin it down well below market value. Configure the MSRP into their system and not drive it much, you will come out... wait even... huh. It is only designed to pay you back 70% of the MSRP of the vehicle the company chooses. Anything that you buy that is over the suggested cost is money out of your pocket. Good luck.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Absolute crock of crap system.....I've seen it implemented by several companies, including mine, and it does not ever match your actuall expenditure, ever. Ever. Nope, not now, either. Still waiting? Uh-uh, still a plan "full of fail".
    VectorLinux---Check it out!

?????I want some of that

Quote Originally Posted by supercopier View Post
    I used to dread logging my mileage and expenses but now by being on the Runzheimer plan it is so easy, fair and accurate. We used another company for this is in the past and I am soooo happy that we switched over to Runzheimer.
    I am fairly reimbursed, the support is top notch and the products/services are the best in the business. My company also uses Runzheimer for travel and entertainment expenses, relocation and with my working from home I really like their support for virtual office workers.
    A really cool thing is that Runzheimer has a route optimization tool to get me where I am going faster and with less gas. Runzheimer also has GPS enabled products that automate all of your mileage/trips straight into their system and notify me of where I need to go. I just turn on my Blackberry and head on my calls for the day. I can then just click a button in their portal, my mileage populates into their system and get paid accurately! You do not have to keep paper logs or miss trips anymore. I live in California and my reimbursement rates are calculated for my specific location, not some general inaccurate number. I am provided with tons of valuable information, so I visit their website everyday to use the tools.
    Everyone who is mobile, travels or drives can use these tools whether you are on the road daily or only once in awhile. I highly recommend Runzheimer and they are constantly making it easier for me to concentrate on my job and make my life easier. Have your company contact them and you will be happy you did! www.runzheimer.com
    No, please, really...Tell me what it is you are smoking?? Or is it in the Kool-ade?

supercopier
    Runzheimer does an average of fuel costs for the month to avoid spikes, high or low so you are paid fairly. Also, your insurance costs, car washes, oil changes, and depreciation etc. etc. are all included to you tax free if you follow a few simple IRS rules.
    There are tools to use to help you do your job easier as well. If you are a Runzheimer customer, ask your boss for these!!

Quote Originally Posted by supercopier View Post
    Runzheimer does an average of fuel costs for the month to avoid spikes, high or low so you are paid fairly. Also, your insurance costs, car washes, oil changes, and depreciation etc. etc. are all included to you tax free if you follow a few simple IRS rules.
    There are tools to use to help you do your job easier as well. If you are a Runzheimer customer, ask your boss for these!!
    Again, I ask....Are you crazy? It is not in the least bit fair. Even their own brochures/pamphlets to company management state that is designed from the beginning to save the company money by minimizing the payouts to those being managed by the program. There is no way that a system designed to penalize those it manages can ever fairly be implemented. Of course, corporate greed is just as responsible for looking at the plan and touting it's wonders of efficiency knowing full well that it is only a benefit to them becuase it unjustly rapes the technician.

Of course, lot's of plans and programs look great on paper. For instance, Social Security. Hmmm, now that I think about it they are very similar. Both take money out of your pocket and only give a portion back if you meet the perfect requirements (which may change at anyones discretion but that of the recipient).