Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Gar the pilot

Cool ATS and Insta-plastik

Does anyone have a alternate source for Insta-plastik? Last time we tried to order some more they were out of Business. Or what else do you use to repair covers, gears and broken tabs with? JB Quick is good for a lot of things but Insta-plastik was so much faster and useable in small places and in small repairs.
    Gar the Pilot

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    ATS and Insta-plastik

Re: ATS and Insta-plastik

I'm pretty good friends with my dentist, & have often thought of hitting him up about the availability of the stuff they use (even for temporaries). It seems like they have a wide array of high teck epoxies, etc., that are certainly strong & durable.

Just a thought...

Gar the pilot

My boss read that the powder is just bakeing soda. and the liqued is normal super glue. we have gotten Insta-Plastik for years and it always worked good on repairs. So for now we will be tring out the Bakeing soda and super glue to see if it works the same.
    Thanks Gar-the-Pilot

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Gar the pilot View Post
    My boss read that the powder is just bakeing soda. and the liqued is normal super glue. we have gotten Insta-Plastik for years and it always worked good on repairs. So for now we will be tring out the Bakeing soda and super glue to see if it works the same.
    Thanks Gar-the-Pilot

any update on how the baking soda is working? we are down to last few bottles of Insta-Plastik Bonder and looking for the next thing to try

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

dude its Baking soda and superglue!
    Izzy

Gar the pilot

As it is now so far so good. just the little Super glue tube will dry out faster. I have tried the greese trick around the lid and on the threads, it is hit and miss on saving an open Super Glue tube. Just me, but I think their Super Glue was Higher quality then $ store or wally world. I have thought of the RC airplane guys have a glue with an accellarant that may work for our stuff too. For now I will live with the Dollor store super glue and Bakeing soda.
    Gar

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I use some brush on Cyano and Zip Kicker accelerant!...good stuff!

Super Glue Corporation | Zap//Zip Kicker line | Zip Kicker Pump Sprayer and Refill Bottle

haven't tried the superglue baking soda trick, but I've seen a bunch of vids on youtube!:

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...nd+baking+soda

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Just started using this stuff for super-quick, low-stress repairs. It's not the strongest fix in the world, but the UV curing light can be super handy at times. Even if you don't use it for the complete repair, you can permanently "tack" the broken pieces together, then apply a stronger/slower adhesive.

https://www.amazon.com/Second-Fix-Li...=1&*entries*=0

I have tested superglue and bicarb against the other stuff.
    The other stuff it a lot stronger and you get powder for plastics and powder that works better on metals.
    Whatever