Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

FMAudit/MPS question

We began using FMAudit about a year ago and it has been great! Although at the moment we pretty much use it to automate meter reading retrieval and supply/maintenance alerts on OUR equipment, I would like to load supply information for as many manufaturers as possible. The problem is i dont have the time to dig through the internet to load pricing/yields and model info for each machine. Does anyone have any tricks to this or anything that may help me out?
    Thanks!

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts
    FMAudit/MPS question

Re: FMAudit/MPS question

We are yet to do the same for our Central Server, but I am thinking going down the reverse route to you.

Instead of entering everything into FM Audit manually, I am looking as pulling the SQL tables out of our service software and importing into our FMA Central SQL database. It will just be a matter of formatting the SQL querry correctly to match the tables and entries in the FMA Central database and it should work without any issues.

Of course when it comes time for me to try this, I will be using a replicated server in a sandbox environment just in case I break something.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    We are yet to do the same for our Central Server, but I am thinking going down the reverse route to you.

Instead of entering everything into FM Audit manually, I am looking as pulling the SQL tables out of our service software and importing into our FMA Central SQL database. It will just be a matter of formatting the SQL querry correctly to match the tables and entries in the FMA Central database and it should work without any issues.

Of course when it comes time for me to try this, I will be using a replicated server in a sandbox environment just in case I break something.
    I could do that to... But it would be on a limited number of manufacturers. Most of the information in out service system have been manually entered at some point so some of the data is there. I am wanting to get the information for HP, Dell, Lexmark, etc...

achiancone

Hello! We recently updated our SBS database which stores a number of different items associated to devices which may include updates to devices you are interested in. Do you happen to utilize an ERP system? In a soon to be released version of Central you will be able to make updates to devices from within the UI and also through using TCO you are able to update "price books." If I have not answered your question please do not hesitate to teach out to me directly at anytime. I am always glad to work with our valued partners!