Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    a good reliable all in one color and mono tabletop mfp

I currenly have a customer that wants to replace several tabletop mfps with some new ones, they have 2 Brother MFC-9970cdw's (color, copy,print, scan, fax) and a Canon D1120 (mono, copy, print, scan). I am currently looking at some Samsung SL-M4070's and a Samsung CLX-6260's for color. My questions are as follows: Are these mfp's a good investment for my customer i.e., reliability, ease of use, etc. I want to sell them a good durable tabletop color/ mono mfp that we would be happy with, these mfp's will get a good amount of use, I'm guesstimating around 10k+per month. Or, if you have any suggestions I'm all ears. I, basically, don't want to sell them a piece that seems its broken more than its working or has quirky issues.

Re: a good reliable all in one color and mono tabletop mfp

Never under sell. Check those model's monthly volumes or expected life 15K a month should cover 10k req. Do you have support for Samsung products?
    Why do thy have desktop machines a stand alone network printer saves a lot of money.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Those are all good questions, Allen, I would have the Samsung support. As far as a stand alone mfp, I could always propose that solution. They are currently located in separate offices inside the same building within earshot of one another.

The problem with the change over is concerns they would not always express like confidentiality of documents and wastage. Do the samsung machines support things like Konica Minolta ID and print where you authenticate and then the print jobs get released. Konica Minolta have recently adopted the smaller samsung machines into their range after dropping the brother machines.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

You are correct with those possible concerns. I do believe that the Samsung's would have that capability are far as privacy, however, I'm going to discuss these options with the customer tomorrow and see if they would be alright with the one stand alone mfp or if they have things set up that way for reasons unknown to me. Thank you for your insight.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Well, after a long discussion with the customer, privacy is an issue and they would perfer to keep the mfp's in separate offices. I did a cost comparison with the Samsung and the Brother they want to replace, I don't see a difference in the long run as far as savings. I did my research and have proposed them a couple of Ricoh Mp c305's.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Personally, I will no longer sell a small home office type color device anymore. I do commercial only. I've sold the Samsung 6260 and its ok but the consumable cost on all the small stuff is high. I've also learned that no matter how much I sell the sub $1500 color device for its a financial loser for me. Customer's expectations are too high, machines are not friendly to configure, equipment costs too much to run and in the end if the customer winds up hating the little piece of crap they wind up hating you. No thanks. Let those customers buy from Staples or on-line. Offer your services to set the machine up at a premium. The Ricoh MPc305 is my starting point these days and really I'd rather start with the MPc2003.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I really don't care to sell the desktop color mfp's. It makes me say words that are not kind. I steer them toward full size or step aside for reasons stated above. 10% of my profits, 80% of my headaches.