Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Any Small Local Copier Dealership Owners want to talk

I'm interested in finding 2 or 3 small copier company owners who would like to teleconference once a month.
    The point of the call would be to discuss successes and failures and to share information.

If any like minded individuals are interested, please reply to this post or pm me on this site.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: Any Small Local Copier Dealership Owners want to talk

The overall idea sounds like a positive step forward. A general support group with the same intent and ideas could be good for business.

As most on this forum know I've just kicked off as an independant service Tech. I'm concentrating mainly on the service side only for the moment,but I find sales coming into the business at an increasing daily rate. I'm not trained in sales and for years as a Technician I've never like the idea of being a Salesman. I'm having to contend with the notation of being something that I'm not use to doing ie. Sales.

Obviously with more Sales comes the Technician side of the business. I may have to employ a contract salemens for a period. Maybe someone who works on commission only, they can have 50% of the sales as long as I can maintain the service side, at least until this ship starts travelling a positive direction.

I would be interested but I'm not sure USA and Australian business are compatible in a business sense. Rules regulations and general business terminology would be different.
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 12-18-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    The overall idea sounds like a positive step forward. A general support group with the same intent and ideas could be good for business.

As most on this forum know I've just kicked off as an independant service Tech. I'm concentrating mainly on the service side only for the moment,but I find sales coming into the business at an increasing daily rate. I'm not trained in sales and for years as a Technician I've never like the idea of being a Salesman. I'm having to contend with the notation of being something that I'm not use to doing ie. Sales.

Obviously with more Sales comes the Technician side of the business. I may have to employ a contract salemens for a period. Maybe someone who works on commission only, they can have 50% of the sales as long as I can maintain the service side, at least until this ship starts travelling a positive direction.

I would be interested but I'm not sure USA and Australian business are compatible in a business sense. Rules regulations and general business terminology would be different.
    Thanks for the reply. I've been to Australia a few times. I think it's a great country and I loved the people. I don't see a huge problem with compatibility, if anything it's a positive. There will be less of a problem with competitive territorial concerns.

I'll send you my contact info in a pm over the next day or two. I want to see if there are any other interested parties.

Technician

I saw this quote posted in a colleagues office and I now live by it. I am not a sales person by nature. I have talked to alot of service managers in various industries and the trend is technicians are not sales orientated.

But most successful business I have seen are led by owners that are sales orientated. So as the quote says, to get what you don't have, do something you haven't done.

The group is a good idea, but I am a vendor to the industry so not sure if I would be a good fit. Our company specializes in remanufacturing HP printers for dealers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk