Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IC-D1180  Doc Feeder Wiring Harness

Canon IC-D1180 Doc Feeder Wiring Harness

I can't seem to find the wiring harness for the Doc Feeder that goes on the D1180
    Is it sold separately from the whole scanning assy?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IC-D1180 Doc Feeder Wiring Harness

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    I can't seem to find the wiring harness for the Doc Feeder that goes on the D1180
    Is it sold separately from the whole scanning assy?

U mean the Flat Cable that is from ADF/Reader DRIVER to ADF

FLAT.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    U mean the Flat Cable that is from ADF/Reader DRIVER to ADF

FLAT.jpg

NO, I mean the round white one that sticks outside from the back of the doc feeder then down to the scanner unit and is the only cable that runs on the outside of the machine, about 4 inches of it stick out the back of the covers

NO, I mean the round white one that sticks outside from the back of the doc feeder then down to the scanner unit and is the only cable that runs on the outside of the machine, about 4 inches of it stick out the back of the covers

ok !!!!! that cable ------------------------------------------------------------l

D1100 Harness.jpgNo Part Number/ u may have to call Canon for it

there is no single part number for that cable that I can see// it encloses those purple signal wires from DADF & back down into Reader Controller

D1180 CABLE.jpg

D1180 CABLE 1.jpg
    Last edited by teckat; 06-22-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ok !!!!! that cable ------------------------------------------------------------l

D1100 Harness.jpgNo Part Number/ u may have to call Canon for it

there is no single part number for that cable that I can see// it encloses those purple signal wires from DADF & back down into Reader Controller

D1180 CABLE.jpg

D1180 CABLE 1.jpg

You are a funny, funny guy!!
    You have also now kindly supplied pictures for exactly what I'm looking for, THANK YOU!! for that.
    Now all I need is a way to actually get that wiring harness. I have sold a bunch of these machines as well as the newer D1350 model too. I assume
    it has the same wiring harness. I have a customer that, by constant lifting of the doc feeder lid, breaks the purple wires inside the harness.
    I have repaired the wires 3 times now. They have broken in different places, different wire each time too. I have also cut the doc feeder frame hole, to make it
    bigger, because I think the tightness of the hole is what keeps pressure on the wires, then they break. I haven't had to fix them since. but I'm expecting the same
    problem to come up again with other customers too and maybe again with this one. So I was trying to be ready for that situation in advance.
    I have no access to the canon parts division anymore, so I was hoping someone else did and could find out why that cable is not listed separately or if there is a way
    to get it. I can't believe I'm am the only one that has experienced this problem.

You are a funny, funny guy!!
    You have also now kindly supplied pictures for exactly what I'm looking for, THANK YOU!! for that.
    Now all I need is a way to actually get that wiring harness. I have sold a bunch of these machines as well as the newer D1350 model too. I assume
    it has the same wiring harness. I have a customer that, by constant lifting of the doc feeder lid, breaks the purple wires inside the harness.
    I have repaired the wires 3 times now. They have broken in different places, different wire each time too. I have also cut the doc feeder frame hole, to make it
    bigger, because I think the tightness of the hole is what keeps pressure on the wires, then they break. I haven't had to fix them since. but I'm expecting the same
    problem to come up again with other customers too and maybe again with this one. So I was trying to be ready for that situation in advance.
    I have no access to the canon parts division anymore, so I was hoping someone else did and could find out why that cable is not listed separately or if there is a way
    to get it. I can't believe I'm am the only one that has experienced this problem.
    ================================================== ================================================== =======================

believe these model have same Harness

imageCLASS D1180/ 1170/ 1 1 5 0 / 1 1 2 0 / i - S E N S Y S MF6680dn

it all depends on those signal wires getting reconnected to proper positions on ADF/> to READER>

Too bad u can't call CANON Support in your area> they may have a part # for complete harness/ other wise u will have to pull off a stripper or repair them as u stated

anytime I see a wire tie (as shown in pic on cable) I remove them.

I will ask someone here in USA Support/ have a few connections.