Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

imageWARE Enterprise Management Console

Has anyone used this tool "imageWARE Enterprise Management Console".. So far I found it useful for sending reports on problems with the printers; however, I was wondering if I could use it to set settings on the printers (LDAP, SNMP string, etc.) I haven't found a way to do it, but was wondering if other have or if a better tool is available..

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    imageWARE Enterprise Management Console

Re: imageWARE Enterprise Management Console

Quote Originally Posted by mchipser View Post
    Has anyone used this tool "imageWARE Enterprise Management Console".. So far I found it useful for sending reports on problems with the printers; however, I was wondering if I could use it to set settings on the printers (LDAP, SNMP string, etc.) I haven't found a way to do it, but was wondering if other have or if a better tool is available..
    ----------------------------

Changing the Device Name that Displays in SNMP Network Management Applications

Change the device name that is discovered and displayed in SNMP Network Management Applications (ex. imageWARE Enterprise Management Console, HP OpenView, Dell IT Assistant, etc)?

I. Canon Controller Devices:

The device name that is discovered and displayed in SNMP Network Management Applications directly corresponds to the following setting on the Canon device:

Additional Functions > System Settings > Device Information Settings > Device Name.

II. Canon Devices Connected with Fiery (EFI) Controllers:

The device name that is discovered and displayed in SNMP Network Management Applications does NOT directly correspond to any currently available setting on the Canon device or the Fiery Controller. It is a separate setting.

The Additional Functions > System Settings > Device Information Settings > Device Name setting does still exist on the Canon device, but it does not have any effect on SNMP. Changing this setting does NOT change the device name that is discovered and displayed in SNMP Network Management Applications.

The EFI controller does not have any 'Device Name' setting available in Fiery Setup. Changing other name settings (ex. Server Name, Host Name, etc) in Fiery Setup does NOT change the device name that is discovered and displayed in SNMP Network Management Applications.

Thus, the SNMP Device Name cannot be changed manually on these Fiery devices (via walkup or via the RUI / Web Tools).

Workaround for Fiery Devices:

You can change the SNMP Device Name on supported Fiery devices via imageWARE Enterprise Management Console (iWEMC). Simply create a new task to deliver device settings to the Fiery device. Enter the new Device Name and execute the task. The SNMP Device Name on the Fiery device will be changed.

SNMP Network Management Applications will now discover and display the new device name. However, this new device name will not be found anywhere in the copier's or Fiery's walkup settings. As described above, the SNMP Device Name setting is "hidden".
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Re: imageWARE Enterprise Management Console

I actually want to change the snmp community strings, LDAP settings, etc..

It appears this cant be done?

I know i can change the name, location, etc..