Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

IR 1730---Quit Printing via USB

Have a Canon Imagerunner 1730 that a customer prints via USB. After a lightning storm The device is no longer recognized by any computer it becomes attached too. It comes back with Descriptor I.D. request Fail. Has any one had similar trouble or advice on step to take to remedy this issue. I can not get a response from an ethernet cable either. We are an ASC for Imageclass products but limited access to imagerunner and larger devices. Would flashing firmware possibly revive or looking at replacing the associated board. I've reset parameters Service mode. Any advice/wisdom is greatly appreciated.. P.S. If theres anyone who has the firmware and is willing to provide me with i can re-pay the favor with any Sharp Firmware one might need...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: IR 1730---Quit Printing via USB

Quote Originally Posted by tr210907 View Post
    Have a Canon Imagerunner 1730 that a customer prints via USB. After a lightning storm The device is no longer recognized by any computer it becomes attached too. It comes back with Descriptor I.D. request Fail. Has any one had similar trouble or advice on step to take to remedy this issue. I can not get a response from an ethernet cable either. We are an ASC for Imageclass products but limited access to imagerunner and larger devices. Would flashing firmware possibly revive or looking at replacing the associated board. I've reset parameters Service mode. Any advice/wisdom is greatly appreciated.. P.S. If theres anyone who has the firmware and is willing to provide me with i can re-pay the favor with any Sharp Firmware one might need...

Descriptor I.D. request Fail
    u receive this message on Printer or connected PC/Laptop

Sounds like a Main Controller Issue

u need the USB Port on printer to function & load firmware

1-Pull the Memory Dimm & Re-Seat

2-Try to Perform a Dram Test

To preform the Dram Test:

Enter Service Mode> Test Mode> 1> Dram Test 1-2> 1.
    This will take about 5 minutes to complete.
    Then repeat the steps and choose Dram Test 2. Reboot the machine at the end of the test.

As u know>This series does not have the initialize feature due to the lack of a Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
    3-If the customer data needs to be removed/ re-set back perform an ALL clear in Service Mode > #Clear > ALL.

Clears user and service data (except for some scan parameters and print parameters), and the counter setting/registration data
    in the system dump list, except for the print count.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    u receive this message on Printer or connected PC/Laptop

Sounds like a Main Controller Issue

u need the USB Port on printer to function & load firmware

1-Pull the Memory Dimm & Re-Seat

2-Try to Perform a Dram Test

To preform the Dram Test:

Enter Service Mode> Test Mode> 1> Dram Test 1-2> 1.
    This will take about 5 minutes to complete.
    Then repeat the steps and choose Dram Test 2. Reboot the machine at the end of the test.

As u know>This series does not have the initialize feature due to the lack of a Hard Disk Drive (HDD).
    3-If the customer data needs to be removed/ re-set back perform an ALL clear in Service Mode > #Clear > ALL.

Clears user and service data (except for some scan parameters and print parameters), and the counter setting/registration data
    in the system dump list, except for the print count.

This message appears on all Computers the machine gets attached to.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

This message appears on all Computers the machine gets attached to.

have u tried a Laptop ?????

when 1730 is not connected to a PC

if you load some TIFF/JPEG files, on a removable USB Stick/ & insert it directly into the 1730 > then select
    an images shown on the touch panel display to be printed.> will it print

What happens if you enter the IP address of the machine on your web browser and press the
    [ENTER] key on your computer keyboard, is the Remote UI top page displayed.

RUI Screen.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Assuming you are using win7, probably it comes with the printer driver built in the operating system. However, in this particular state i would ignore this possibility and instead opt to re-install the driver either manually from the disc if available or search for it online from canon websites.
    As suggested by tekat, i would also try to connect and print from my own laptop; the logic here is that the lightening storm affected all the computers in that room or building, damaging usb ports etc. try the different ports on the computers, had almost similar issue with iSensys mf4430.