Senior Tech 250+ Posts

iR5000 service mode

Came across one of these oldies, and since i'm not a canon tech, i could use some help.

When i try to enter service mode with *2,8* nothing happens. I was told that a while ago the system went down on it and hdd was also wiped in the process. Some tech managed to put everything back together, but service mode is not accessible any more, and it's working like that since than.

Is there an alternative way of entering, or some fix to enable it? Any help much appreciated.

Technician

Re: iR5000 service mode

If you can't enter service mode, you will probably have to reinstall all the software to the hard drive with a laptop. Canon uses a special software to do it on that model if I remember correctly. Never seen one that you could access service mode though. Might be a bad op panel that isn't registering the keys properly, might try another op panel first before you do the software install. Be sure to record all your values before you install new software if you can to save you some setup time.

Robin

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR5000 service mode

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    Came across one of these oldies, and since i'm not a canon tech, i could use some help.

When i try to enter service mode with *2,8* nothing happens. I was told that a while ago the system went down on it and hdd was also wiped in the process. Some tech managed to put everything back together, but service mode is not accessible any more, and it's working like that since than.

Is there an alternative way of entering, or some fix to enable it? Any help much appreciated.

Firmware will usually have nothing to do with getting into service mode-----------

First Check for a Stuck key, keys should have a up\down noticeable movement.

Next*----make sure u are holding down the 2&8 key together when pressing

Although the following keys have been pressed, Additional Functions key>then 2&8 together>then Additional Functions key, the machine would not allow the entry of Service Mode.
    Try the alternate entry method _Additional Functions key>4&9>Additional Functions key.
    This may have been changed by Service tech.

This alternate method can be selected in Service Mode under, Level 2 Service Mode>COPIER>OPTION>BODY>SVMD-ENT>when set to 1; 4&9 is used instead of 2&8.
    Last edited by teckat; 07-01-2015 at 11:52 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

*4,9* worked Thank you teckat!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR5000 service mode

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo fan View Post
    *4,9* worked Thank you teckat!

welcome

I would go back in service mode & set it to the normal 2&8
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    iR5000 service mode

I have encountered the same problem. Pressing the yellow RESET button before *82* has worked for me.