Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

IR 5070 PRINTER OFFLINE

I am working on a Canon IR 5070 chargeable and this all started with a call for E0001-0010. I reset the code, cleaned it up, tested and noticed it was offline so I put it back online. Everything OK. 15 days later I got a call for a fuser entrance jam ( about 4 sheets ), it also had the E0001-0010 code again. After clearing the jam and resetting the code I COULD NOT get the machine to go back online. I checked the error code history and Found these codes in this order one right after the other reading from the top down,
    E0001-0010, E0732-0001, E0733-0001, E0674-000C, then it repeats this time ending with E0001-0002, then repeats one more time.
    I do not know what the service history was before I started working on it and the meter is 1,150K.
    I do not have a manual for this model yet and if the cost for repair is too much the customer will likely not fix it.
    From my research it looks like I'm looking at a total fuser rebuild or upper fixing unit ( FM2-9733-000 ??? ) and possibly a Main PCB and or DC Controller ( cannot find part #'s for the boards ). Any help and part numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR 5070 PRINTER OFFLINE

Re: IR 5070 PRINTER OFFLINE

imageRUNNER 5070/5570/6570---------same animal

Before changing the fax pcb or a main controller upgrade /or reload the system software

e001-0010==There is an abnormal rise in temperature.
    After correcting the fault, be sure to reset the error.
    (COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>ERR)
    The power has been turned off and then back on without re-setting the error.
    - Re-set the error.
    (COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>ERR

e674-000C==There is a fault in the communication between the fax controller PCB (2-line) and the
    main controller PCB

e732-0001
    ==There is a fault in the reader communication-
    There is a DDI-S communication error.
    Check /Replace the Accessory Power Supply
    - Check the communication between the reader unit and the main controller.
    - Check the power supply of the reader unit. (Check to see if initialization takes place at start-up.)
    - Replace the reader controller PCB, reader relay PCB, or main controller PCB.

e733-0001
    ==There is a fault in the printer communication.
    There is a DDI-P communication error--
    - Check the connection of the cable between the DC controller and the main controller.
    - Check the power supply of the printer.
    (Check to see if initialization takes place at start-up.)
    - Replace the DC controller PCB or the main controller PCB.
    Check the "yellow wires" to the Drum Motor Driver PCB to see if they are touching and shorted against the back side of the machine's flywheel. Repair the damaged wires and make sure they are secured away from the flywheel.
    Remove > Clean ends > re-seat or replace Memory DIMM on the Main Controller.

FM2-3646-000 / DC CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY
    FM2-3794-000 / MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY

try board repair first-----------Hytec Contact and Support

Hytec Dealer Services, Inc.
    Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8AM - 7PM EST

Toll Free: 1-800-883-1001
    Local: 407-297-1001
    Fax: 407-297-4310

Tech Hotline: 1-888-883-2001
    Main Office

Hytec Dealer Services, Inc.
    3600 Vineland Road, Suite 121
    Orlando, FL 32811
    Last edited by teckat; 07-10-2015 at 07:26 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar

If you check the history E 001 will always come first.
    Clear the error history and read the new cycle.
    e001-0001 should come before e001-0010
    Those models pop those codes in a cycle , always
    The fix is a properly rebuilt or new fuser.
    I think the disruption in power caused by the fuser prevents the proper startup signals for the other accessories.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I am working on a Canon IR 5070 chargeable and this all started with a call for E0001-0010. I reset the code, cleaned it up, tested and noticed it was offline so I put it back online. Everything OK. 15 days later I got a call for a fuser entrance jam ( about 4 sheets ), it also had the E0001-0010 code again. After clearing the jam and resetting the code I COULD NOT get the machine to go back online. I checked the error code history and Found these codes in this order one right after the other reading from the top down,
    E0001-0010, E0732-0001, E0733-0001, E0674-000C, then it repeats this time ending with E0001-0002, then repeats one more time.
    I do not know what the service history was before I started working on it and the meter is 1,150K.
    I do not have a manual for this model yet and if the cost for repair is too much the customer will likely not fix it.
    From my research it looks like I'm looking at a total fuser rebuild or upper fixing unit ( FM2-9733-000 ??? ) and possibly a Main PCB and or DC Controller ( cannot find part #'s for the boards ). Any help and part numbers would be greatly appreciated.
    We make a few observations to the problem;
    1.After resetting the error in service mode,remove unit one from the machine and switch ON while the said unit is out.
    2.The machine will request to reset unit one and equally do the same.
    3.Close the front door and observe the error code.
    4.If the error re-appears,remove unit one and try to feel the temperature of the heater roller.If the roller tried to heat change the Thermistors,cause from past experience it is a common problem on these models ie IR5570,5070,5055 etc.
    5.If the heater roller is ice cold,check for the continuity of the induction heater and the induction PCB.
    6.If all the above are ok check on the Fuses on the DC controller board although this is always rare.

Thank you all for your input. I called the customer back to give them an estimate for repair and asked them how the beast was running and they said it finally reconnected to the network and is still running ok since I cleared the jams and reset it the last time I was there. I know it is just a matter of time before the other issues come back, so I thank you all for your input as it will be put to good use the next time they call.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR 5070 PRINTER OFFLINE

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Thank you all for your input. I called the customer back to give them an estimate for repair and asked them how the beast was running and they said it finally reconnected to the network and is still running ok since I cleared the jams and reset it the last time I was there. I know it is just a matter of time before the other issues come back, so I thank you all for your input as it will be put to good use the next time they call.
    Macgyver.jpg welcome
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**