Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    smile

Exclamation canon pixma ip6600D error 5C00

I enter service menu like this:

1. Start with the printer OFF
    2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
    3. release RESUME
    4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
    5. Let green light blink until printer is done moving print head.

Press resume 4 times to reset ink waste counter. But it does not reset and the green light is not on like it should be. It is blinking while in service mode.

video here: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

The print head does not move at all or to the center of the printer. However it is unlocked so I moved it to the center myself and removed it. I places it in plastic bag with damp paper towel to keep it safe from drying out, I did the same to cartridges.

Tried to reset printer several times to no avail. The error indicates that: 5c00 error relates to the sensor in the purge unit.
    I removed top printer cover and cleaned print head pad, dropped water and rotated gears with my finger.

If you rotate purge unit gears in one direction it activates suction of ink - therefore I assume it works fine in the other direction it triggers the head cleaning action.

I disassembled the printer, removed bottom plate and got to the purge unit and the sensor.

I cleaned the purge unit with distilled water until the water came out clean.

This is how the bottom looks like:

I then removed the actual sensor:

Sensor TOP:

Sensor BOTTOM:

I cleaned the sensor in distilled water and then dried it. I checked it with multimeter and got some small resistance readings - so that means it is working? I also tested wires that connect it to the printer circuit board, they were all good.

I assembled it all together again and it still gave me 4 blinks same as before.
    I then tried to disconnect the sensor and printer gave me 11 blinks.
    Connected the sensor back and got 4 blinks again.

ANY help would be appreciated.

dpnoe
    My printer Canon iX 4000 have same error code 5c00. How to solve this problem??