Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: IPF8300 print head question

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Believe you can just replace the board when visible/ & not have to complementary remove carriage ./ 3 page pdf attached
    of for full book-----------------------------------------
    copy and past below into browser menu
    canonipf.wikispaces.com/file/view/ipf8300+Service+Manual.pdf
    Hi Teckat,
    I really appreciate your help and documentation. I think I can do this. I am going to order the board from the link that you sent me. My only other question (I hope) is after I drain the heads, can I use them again as long as I put them back where they came from. The heads are new and I really don't want to have to fight with Canon about getting them replaced under warranty if I can just use them again.
    thanks,
    david

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IPF8300 print head question

Quote Originally Posted by jumeda33 View Post
    Hi Teckat,
    I really appreciate your help and documentation. I think I can do this. I am going to order the board from the link that you sent me. My only other question (I hope) is after I drain the heads, can I use them again as long as I put them back where they came from. The heads are new and I really don't want to have to fight with Canon about getting them replaced under warranty if I can just use them again.
    thanks,
    david

Sorry, don't want to give u a go,
    never did that exact procedure before ( drain,remove new heads,replace pcb,re_seat new heads, etc. )

nothing in manual about procedure/ can u ask Canon ??
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Sorry, don't want to give u a go,
    never did that exact procedure before ( drain,remove new heads,replace pcb,re_seat new heads, etc. )

nothing in manual about procedure/ can u ask Canon ??
    I called them the other day about it. The first question was if I was an authorized tech. I said no and they refuse to give me an answer. They said they are not techs but only there to help troubleshoot what something may or may not be. They said I would have to ask a certified tech. Well I just had a tech in here and they wanted 1500.00 for parts. (relay cpu, two printheads, one maint. cart.) then plus labor. I just don't know how much info the old board keeps about the print heads. I am hoping I can put the new board in and then put the print heads back in. Maybe someone watching this thread can answer. I ordered the new board today.
    Thanks again for all your help.
    David

how many days have elapsed on the installed print heads_?

Is your printer stuck in an error_?

Thanks for the help. I have one question. I have replaced both print heads within the last couple of weeks. Can I drain them, change the board and put the print heads back in as long as I put them back where they came from? If not, I think I need to get Canon to replace them under warranty but I would rather not go through that fight.
    Thanks,
    David

From what I remember .. The print heads can kill the boards but the boards can't kill the print heads .. So if you have replaced both print heads to try and fix the error but it still erroring then yes you can re-use those 2 print heads.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hidius View Post
    From what I remember .. The print heads can kill the boards but the boards can't kill the print heads .. So if you have replaced both print heads to try and fix the error but it still erroring then yes you can re-use those 2 print heads.
    Thank you very much. Today I ordered the board and took the covers etc off the machine. I moved the carriage to the middle using a screwdriver to release it. I was able to get to the board without draining and without removing the print heads that I recently put in. Now just waiting for new board to get here. Thank you for your help so far.
    David

Thank you very much. Today I ordered the board and took the covers etc off the machine. I moved the carriage to the middle using a screwdriver to release it. I was able to get to the board without draining and without removing the print heads that I recently put in. Now just waiting for new board to get here. Thank you for your help so far.
    David

Good Info,
    U would think manual would supply that information.
    Love Canon 😦

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Good Info,
    U would think manual would supply that information.
    Love Canon 😦
    Hey everybody,
    Here is my update. QM3-3121 came in today and I installed it. Started up printer and it went through all it's checks. Sent something to printer and it kept doing cleanings and nozzle tests. Finally coded with a 2f43 again. I wanted to throw up. I actually felt sick and was sweating. After all I am a printer and I need my machine to stay in business. Anyway, I powered down the plotter and then unplugged it for about 15 seconds and plugged it back in and turned it on. Once again it went through it's checks but this time it printed. Hooray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the only thing that scares me is that is sort of how it was before it went out. I could turn it off, unplug and turn it on and get it printing again but that only lasted a short time before it would not go at all. I have since printed about 15 tests prints and all is well. Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me and especially giving me documentation to work with. It was a HUGE help. Oh and I actually put it back together with no screws left over. If anyone else runs into this problem where they have to swap the board, please let them know that you can do it without draining or removing the printheads. (Well at least in my case because the ones that are in there are brand new).
    Thanks again,
    David

Hey everybody,
    Here is my update. QM3-3121 came in today and I installed it. Started up printer and it went through all it's checks. Sent something to printer and it kept doing cleanings and nozzle tests. Finally coded with a 2f43 again. I wanted to throw up. I actually felt sick and was sweating. After all I am a printer and I need my machine to stay in business. Anyway, I powered down the plotter and then unplugged it for about 15 seconds and plugged it back in and turned it on. Once again it went through it's checks but this time it printed. Hooray for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the only thing that scares me is that is sort of how it was before it went out. I could turn it off, unplug and turn it on and get it printing again but that only lasted a short time before it would not go at all. I have since printed about 15 tests prints and all is well. Just wanted to thank everyone for helping me and especially giving me documentation to work with. It was a HUGE help. Oh and I actually put it back together with no screws left over. If anyone else runs into this problem where they have to swap the board, please let them know that you can do it without draining or removing the printheads. (Well at least in my case because the ones that are in there are brand new).
    Thanks again,
    David

Whew_Full.jpg

Technician

----------------------------------------
    Did tech tell u what the ERROR Code was ???????

NOTE:
    When Carriage relay PCB or the Carriage unit have been replaced.
    Take a look at the attached photo of the carriage relay PCB. The image was taken from the back of the machine. The left of the image is towards the carriage home position.
    So you must stand at the back of the machine looking over the carriage relay PCB to be oriented like the image.
    All of the cables that go to the main controller have the blue writing facing the right. All of the cables that go to the print head have the blue writing facing the rear of the machine.
    Attachment 30010

dont' remember if u will have an issue with the print heads/ there is no caution procedure on replacing Carriage relay PCB when u remove Carriage Unit

imagePROGRAF_Major_Component_ID_and_Replacement video

Dropbox - Error

Download and unzip the above file. Then click the RUN.html file to launch the video.

Scrool to page 3> select Menu>Under Major Componet Replacement > select ipf8000 series> select Carriage Unit /Print Head removal> will show removal procedure.
    Don't use Firefox to open/run .html --use IE

Hi, there is any chance to reupload that videos?
    I have to go through same process to replace carriage pcb and some documentation will really help here.