Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ImagePass B-1 Canon IRADVC5051

Re: ImagePass B-1 Canon IRADVC5051

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Yes both machines are IRADVC5000's. We received another used B-1 Unit and I installed it on
    a machine inshop today to test before I install it on a customers machine.

The second one they sent works just fine. It let me get into print settings and
    I can print to it.

The reason we went the imagepass is because the customer complained of color mismatch.
    I do see a difference with the Imagepass as compared to the regular Canon print engine.

Not sure if it will satisfy them. The colors seem be more accurate when they print to
    a HP they have.

We have had color machines out for a long time and I have never had anyone complain about
    colors matching.

I have read the topics about color calibration for both the plain copier and the B-1.
    I do not have a color chart that is required for B-1 calibration. They do not include that
    stuff with these used ImagePass Controllers. Is there a part number I can use to order from Canon?

The don't make them anymore,

Search online
    Amazon.com : Kodak Color Separation Guide with Grey Scale Small Size, #Q-13 : Camera And Photography Products : Camera & Photo
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks!

Have had color machines out for a long time and have never had anyone complain about color

matching. Now I have 2 with this complaint.

A customer has a logo that appears blue on their computer screen but prints purple.

It prints the same way on the 3 Canon IRADVC5000's I have in shop. I keep messing with driver

settings including one that has PS3 but nothing changes enough.

I will order that Color Sep chart for the B-1 and go from there.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    ImagePass B-1 Canon IRADVC5051

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    Thanks!

Have had color machines out for a long time and have never had anyone complain about color

matching. Now I have 2 with this complaint.

A customer has a logo that appears blue on their computer screen but prints purple.

It prints the same way on the 3 Canon IRADVC5000's I have in shop. I keep messing with driver

settings including one that has PS3 but nothing changes enough.

I will order that Color Sep chart for the B-1 and go from there.
    ================================================== ==============================
    Have customer invest in a X-RITE Spectrophotometer/ Spectrophotometers measure reflected or transmitted light across the visible spectrum and create a visual curve that describes a color. This spectral data helps ensure color is consistent across varying substrates and production processes.

? create a custom ICC profile in Photoshop_?

dont' think that strip will improve his logo/

You have to understand that it is almost impossible to replicate the colours you see on screen with those in print. They are two entirely different media - the screen displays colours according to transmitted light in the (red, green, blue) gamut, the paper displays colours according to the absorption & reflection of light of colours (cyan, magenta, yellow and black).
    ================================================== ================================================== ========================
    INFORMATION PURPOSE ONLY

Important Information About RGB and CMYK

Many graphics software programs give you the choice to work in either RGB or CMYK. These are called "color spaces". Scanners and digital cameras create images using combinations of just three colors: Red, Green and Blue (called "RGB"). These are the primary colors of light, which computers use to display images on your screen. Printing presses print full color pictures using a different set of colors, the primary colors of pigment: Cyan (blue), Magenta (red), Yellow and Black (called "CMYK"). This is "4-color process" or "full-color" printing that comprises the majority of magazines and marketing materials you see every day. At some stage your RGB file must be translated to CMYK in order to print it on a printing press. It's Best If You do the RGB-to-CMYK Conversion of Your Images

You will have more control over the appearance of your printed piece if you convert all of the images from RGB to CMYK before sending them to us. When we receive RGB images, we do a standard-value conversion to CMYK, which may not be perfectly to your liking. We want you to be happy, so please, take the time to prepare your file properly. We cannot be responsible for sub-par results if you furnish your images in RGB. Even though monitors always use RGB to display colors, the colors you see on your monitor will more closely match the final printed piece if you are viewing them in the CMYK color space. Be aware that it is possible to see colors in RGB that you can't make with CMYK.

They are said to be "out of the CMYK color gamut". What happens is that the RGB-to-CMYK translator just gets as close as possible to the appearance of the original and that's as good as it can be. It's something that everyone in the industry puts up with. So it's best to select any colors you use for fonts or other design elements in your layout using CMYK definitions instead of RGB. That way, you will have a better idea of how they will appear in your printed piece. Here's a common example: many programs translate the 100% Blue in RGB into a somewhat purple-looking color in CMYK. We recommend a CMYK value of 100-65-0-0 to get a nice clean blue. Working in the CMYK color space allows you to select the CMYK recipe, or "screen build", that gives you the results you want. Here are some examples of how various RGB colors convert to CMYK:

rgb colors
    (what you see on screen)

rgb colors
    (what you see on screen)

cmyk colors
    (printing inks will do this)

cmyk colors
    (printing inks will do this)
    Visible
    Color Gamut

RGB
    Color Gamut

Pantone (PMS)
    Color Gamut

CMYK
    ColorGamut

You most likely won't notice this kind of color shift in a color photograph.

It is more likely to happen if you pick a very rich, vibrant color for a background or some other element of your layout. It probably won't look bad, it just won't look exactly the same. But it may not be noticeable at all either.

Converting to the CMYK Color Space

Here is a list of several common programs with instructions on how to make sure you are working in the CMYK color space. If your program or version is not listed here, don't worry. Most of these instructions will apply to all versions of a program.

Microsoft Publisher 2000

Microsoft Publisher defaults to RGB. It is easy to convert everything to a CMYK color space or to start a new document using the CMYK color space. Use the following menu options: Tools/Commercial Printing Tools/ Color Printing and select Process colors (CMYK). Please note that all images incorporated into a layout need to be linked and not embedded in order to maintain the CMYK color space within the image. Using the following menu options does this: Tools/Commercial Printing Tools/Graphics Manager and highlight the embedded image. Click Link and click Browse to locate the original file and link to it. You will then need to send both the images and the layout file to us for printing.

Microsoft Publisher 2003-2007 or later

Select File Tab, then select Info. Select Commercial Print Settings. Select Choose Color Model, then Select Process Colors (CMYK)

Adobe Photoshop

If the file already exists select the following menu options: Image/Mode/CMYK When starting a new file select CMYK for the mode before clicking OK.

Corel Draw 9

Select each object you want to convert. Select the Fill tool and click Fill Color Dialog. Make sure the Color model is CMYK. For each object with an outline: Select the Outline tool and click the Outline Color Dialog. Make sure the Color model is CMYK.

Adobe Illustrator

Select File/Document color mode/CMYK color

Quark Xpress 4.1

Use the following menu options: Edit/Edit Colors/Show Colors in Use/Highlight Color and click Edit. Change model to CMYK and deselect Spot color. Remember to send us your layout and linked images!

Adobe InDesign

Use the following menu options: Window/Swatches and Window/Color. Double click color in Swatches Change color mode to CMYK and color type to Process. Any colors created in the document that are not in the Swatches palette, need to be changed to the CMYK color space. Select each object you want to convert and make sure the Color palette reflects the CMYK percentages. Click top right arrow in the palette to change to CMYK if necessary. Remember to send us your layout and linked images!

Adobe Pagemaker 6.5

Use the following menu options: Window/Show Colors. Double click "colors" in palette and select Model to be CMYK and Type to be Process. Please be advised that Pagemaker does not successfully represent CMYK color on the monitor.

The following programs do not have the capability to convert to CMYK.
    Adobe Photoshop LE
    Adobe PhotoDeluxe
    Microsoft Word
    Microsoft Excel
    Microsoft Powerpoint
    Microsoft Works
    Microsoft PhotoDraw
    Picture It Publishing

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for that. Spells it out pretty clearly. I wanted to exhaust all the possibilities

before throwing in the towel. Will pass this along to them so they can let the person who

designed their logo know.

It's Friday.. I am beat.. have a good weekend!