Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    C5045 with E025-04C0 code

We had a client try to install the wrong toner into their C5045. They called us after they had forced the toner door and got the error code. We put the correct toner in put the door does not stay shut and we just get the E025-04C0. I know this code is with the black toner supply system put I didn't see the c listed in the error codes in the manual. I don't know if we do a manual operation of the door will the system reset or did they break it and we will need to replace parts.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: C5045 with E025-04C0 code

Quote Originally Posted by brewster67 View Post
    We had a client try to install the wrong toner into their C5045. They called us after they had forced the toner door and got the error code. We put the correct toner in put the door does not stay shut and we just get the E025-04C0. I know this code is with the black toner supply system put I didn't see the c listed in the error codes in the manual. I don't know if we do a manual operation of the door will the system reset or did they break it and we will need to replace parts.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damage of the inner Door, or slide of shaft area_
    see attach pdf fpr part pic & locations/ latches or springs missing ??

Door:
    1. Check that the Inner Door can be opened/closed normally.Use the attached tool located on the Black Hopper Drive assy to manually rotate the Set-on Drive and check that the Inner Door is opened (be sure to open the Outer Door beforehand).

If the Inner Door is not opened by manually rotating the Set-on Drive, mechanical damage is suspected so inspect and identify the part which does not operate.(Order from upstream of the drive: Set-on Drive Unit -> Set on Hopper Unit -> Bottle Base Unit -> Bottle Front Inner Door Unit)

E025-04C0
    error will come up when the copier does not recognize when the small toner door (one for each color) is open or closed on toner replacement.

Check the Black Toner Container Inner Cover Sensor PS16 in I/O P024 Bit 11 in service mode.

See if the bit changes state when the door is opened and closed.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 07-23-2015 at 07:01 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the info will check this out.

Technician

And after you do any modifications perform an ERROR CLEAN from the Service Menu.
    I think I restarted mine at least 20 times before the thought hit me. Everything was ok, the sensors were ok, I could manually rotate the Set-on Drive, the door was opening, but the error would not go away.
    Remember to perform an ERROR CLEAN from the Service Menu.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Frustrating issue, so many times have had this at a customer where they have both versions. Why did the engineers decide on having two diff toner setups for this series? And worse, the higher GPR# goes on the lower series! A thousand curses!!!!

Hi All,

I have moved all parts and replace the toner, but just says preparing toner and then the hopper motor just spins and next primes.

It says a new toner is completely empty.

Thank you,

Technician

First go to the service mode > options > clear > err ,when you done with the above just reboot system and remove the toner 4C0 black then check whether any plastic debris is there inside the hopper unit if any remove it by using the laser cleaning shaft .then there will be a small lock inside the toner compartment black it'ill be on the right side inside the door press and release it few times ,confirm it's not stuck and Shake the toner and insert it .it will surely work

Field Engineer 100+ Posts fchu5959's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Afivmd78 View Post
    First go to the service mode > options > clear > err ,when you done with the above just reboot system and remove the toner 4C0 black then check whether any plastic debris is there inside the hopper unit if any remove it by using the laser cleaning shaft .then there will be a small lock inside the toner compartment black it'ill be on the right side inside the door press and release it few times ,confirm it's not stuck and Shake the toner and insert it .it will surely work

Hi

In fact ,it's Functions/clear/error and then switch off and on the machine.
    If this does not work, try a DCON clear.Do not forget to do a DSRAM backup before that.
    Of course,you should check the smooth opening of the black toner cartridge door.You can do it manually (as has mentioned Teckat)or electronically;which is more handy.To be able to do this,you have to change the toner replacement display setting in service mode.
    Copier/option/display sw/(level2)/T-CRG-SW to 1 +reboot machine.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fchu5959 View Post
    Hi

In fact ,it's Functions/clear/error and then switch off and on the machine.
    If this does not work, try a DCON clear.Do not forget to do a DSRAM backup before that.
    Of course,you should check the smooth opening of the black toner cartridge door.You can do it manually (as has mentioned Teckat)or electronically;which is more handy.To be able to do this,you have to change the toner replacement display setting in service mode.
    Copier/option/display sw/(level2)/T-CRG-SW to 1 +reboot machine.
    I had this same error on a IR ADV C5051 and the above procedure worked for me.

> In fact ,it's Functions/clear/error and then switch off and on the machine.

Thanks fchu5959