Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    madm45

PIXMA MG 2922 Password reset

All;

Good evening all. I have a Canon Pixma 2922 multi-function printer and i recently changed service providers. i am trying to connect the printer to the internet but it keeps asking for the printer password, would any of you guys know where this password is located or how to reset the printer password????

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    PIXMA MG 2922 Password reset

Re: PIXMA MG 2922 Password reset

Quote Originally Posted by madm45 View Post
    All;

Good evening all. I have a Canon Pixma 2922 multi-function printer and i recently changed service providers. i am trying to connect the printer to the internet but it keeps asking for the printer password, would any of you guys know where this password is located or how to reset the printer password????

For password try:

Canon

��
    When You Want to Change or Disable the Administrator Password:
    When the administrator password is enabled, tapping Setup, Device settings, and Administrator password setting in this order and entering the administrator password displays Change administrator password and Remove administrator password on the touch screen. Select either item, then follow the on-screen instructions to perform settings.

About the Administrator Passwors
    An administrator password "canon" is already specified for the printer at the time of purchase.
    Important•
    For security reasons, it is recommended to change the password before you use the printer.
    • You can change the password using one of the tools below.
    (Some tools may not be available depending on the printer you are using.)
    • operation panel of the printer
    • IJ Network Tool
    • printer information screen displayed on some Canon application software
    • When you change the password, use 0 to 32 alphanumeric characters.•
    If the password has been changed while you are sharing the printer and you do not know the password, ask the administrator of the printer you are using.•

The password reverts to the default setting by initializing the printer settings
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**