Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Canon IRC Adv 5235 A3 size Transparency Setting Problem

Hi All,

Wonder if somebody can confirm this symptom. If I want to set the media type to Transparency media, the media size is limited to no bigger then A4 or letter size. If I put in a A3 size transparency into the tray, I cannot select media type "Transparency".

I tried all 4 tray bins including the Multi Purpose Tray. Once the media size go beyond A4, the media type transparency cannot be selected. I am trying to print A3 size transparency. Any idea what sort of setting I can do or is it cast in stone that Canon 5235 cannot print A3 size transparency? My friend was using the Xerox DocuCenter 3755 and encountered the same problem like me. He was also trying to print A3 Transparency. When the technician came down, press a couple of buttons, then the media type Transparency can be selected for A3 size.

I contacted my Canon technician, sigh.. I drew blank. He was even more clueless then me.

Any canon expert here can help?

Thanks in advance for reading.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC Adv 5235 A3 size Transparency Setting Problem

Re: Canon IRC Adv 5235 A3 size Transparency Setting Problem

Quote Originally Posted by jetpack1976 View Post
    Hi All,

Wonder if somebody can confirm this symptom. If I want to set the media type to Transparency media, the media size is limited to no bigger then A4 or letter size. If I put in a A3 size transparency into the tray, I cannot select media type "Transparency".

I tried all 4 tray bins including the Multi Purpose Tray. Once the media size go beyond A4, the media type transparency cannot be selected. I am trying to print A3 size transparency. Any idea what sort of setting I can do or is it cast in stone that Canon 5235 cannot print A3 size transparency? My friend was using the Xerox DocuCenter 3755 and encountered the same problem like me. He was also trying to print A3 Transparency. When the technician came down, press a couple of buttons, then the media type Transparency can be selected for A3 size.

I contacted my Canon technician, sigh.. I drew blank. He was even more clueless then me.

Any canon expert here can help?

Thanks in advance for reading.

A4 = 210.0 x 297.0 mm
    or LTR = 215.9 x 279.4 mm

Transparency film (151 to 209g/m2)

-Multipurpose tray
    -Cassette 1
    -Cassette 2
    -Cassette Feeding Unit 1
    -Cassette Feeding Unit 2

that is it

Pipe Dream pipe-dream.jpg
    too bad u can't trick printer to beat the Transparency Sensor by registering Heavy 1/ A3 in Cassette 2/or C unit1/2

Speed 80 mm/s (1/2-speed, thick paper, coated paper, transparency) all run at 1/2 speed
    Heavy1(106~163)paper weight g / m2===Target temperature 146~167 C
    Transparency (151~180)paper weight g / m2==Target temperature 133~159 C

COPIER > OPTION > IMG-FIX > TMP-TBL2 (thick paper 1)
    <Setting value>
    -2: -10 deg C----------set to -2 to meet temperature
    -1: -5 deg C
    0: 0 deg C [default]
    +1: +5 deg C
    +2: +10 deg C
    Last edited by teckat; 07-30-2015 at 06:26 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts pinheiro's Avatar

Re: Canon IRC Adv 5235 A3 size Transparency Setting Problem

hi
    This is within specification; A3 size transparencies are not supported. Transparencies can only be configured for A4 and A4R for this model.

Regards