Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Canon IR C3220 color off register

Hi,
    I ran into this problem and am looking for a path to follow. Colors are all misregistered. I removed the transfer belt and cleaned the drive rollers and the underside of the belt. When I went to do the adjustment of the colors in the menu it would print out the test page and when I put it on the glass to scan it would say place the page correctly. I of course tried over and over again and did try different ways to the same result. It will do the quick set-up but not the one I need. Any ideas of what is going on?
    Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C3220 color off register

Quote Originally Posted by bernyb View Post
    Hi,
    I ran into this problem and am looking for a path to follow. Colors are all misregistered. I removed the transfer belt and cleaned the drive rollers and the underside of the belt. When I went to do the adjustment of the colors in the menu it would print out the test page and when I put it on the glass to scan it would say place the page correctly. I of course tried over and over again and did try different ways to the same result. It will do the quick set-up but not the one I need. Any ideas of what is going on?
    Thanks

see link pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cs90pg2wz2...P03-1.pdf?dl=0
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

May be problem with the ram take out ram and clean and put it back

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This fault is always the ITB slipping, if the belt is near or past life just replace it, cleaning can help, I user WD40 on the large rubber drive shaft, however the belts stretch over time & slip very slightly giving mis reg issues.

Once you replace the belt run auto gradation, if this fails power off the machine for a while allowing the fuser to drop below 80c then when you power the machine back on it will auto-calibrate the colour registration.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

This is a sample, can't get machine to complete the auto gradation selection. Is there a way to get this done manually?

This is a sample, can't get machine to complete the auto gradation selection. Is there a way to get this done manually?

NO-------------------
    Have you removed Pattern Reader Unit ? to inspect & clean

see pdf attachments
    post a PG6 GRID PATTERN
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

I want to thank all of the people who have tried to help me on this problem but I still haven't figured it out yet. Quite simply I don't understand why when I try to do the gradation full setup and I print the first page out the machine rejects it and says to put the test page correctly on the glass. Which of course I do over and over and still the same results so I can't get the colors to register correctly because I can't complete the gradation thingy jiggy. I don't want to replace the belt and have the same damn thing happen again. Anyone else have an idea?

I want to thank all of the people who have tried to help me on this problem but I still haven't figured it out yet. Quite simply I don't understand why when I try to do the gradation full setup and I print the first page out the machine rejects it and says to put the test page correctly on the glass. Which of course I do over and over and still the same results so I can't get the colors to register correctly because I can't complete the gradation thingy jiggy. I don't want to replace the belt and have the same damn thing happen again. Anyone else have an idea?
    --------------------------

Investigative but usually Simple to Discover Cause;

The first page from full gradation has misaligned color blocks/ hard to notice but the CCD unit reads the precise misalignment -
    Make sure the black bands are along the top left edge of the platen glass by the arrow.

You also first need to print out a GRID PG6 TEST PRINT to see what's going on.
    You want to see if it's a
    MAIN SCAN ISSUE or a SUB-SCAN ISSUE > or both ways
    Few things can cause this misalignment issue;

>Try to perform an auto gradation from a different paper tray. If the message clears, check the tray alignment of the paper tray that failed.
    the cassette tray plastic wheel(underside of metal plate may be missing or damaged) this wheel keeps the rear side slide paper adjust from moving out of position)
    remove all paper from trays>remove all trays & shake upside down while moving slide> se if wheel falls out)

ITB Unit (interior cam lift>front/back--/swing drive gears>helical gears worn teeth walk over each other causes belt to drift back & fourth/ etc.
    ITB BELT (belt marks/stretched/etc.)
    ITB Interior black rubber roller surface (slick/dirty)

Secondary External Transfer Roller (if this roller is not sitting properly on both ends >u will have a transfer of image issue)
    Pattern Unit (not in proper position/ dirty)
    Drums
    Lasers (fail in there HP position)

Did/Have you Re_seat all the connections on the Interface Board, Inverter Board, Reader Controller and the CCD unit.

Note: You may have to do a RCON Clear and a CCD adjust.
    always print out your P PRINTS before any CLEARS---RCON settings are

You can also power off printer> wait a few minutes> remove side cover > POWER UP & to watch ITB Rotation & see if it drifts/ & watch Patterns Alignment being laid down on ITB Sheet.