Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    How to Set up E-mail on Canon IR 4570????

Re: How to Set up E-mail on Canon IR 4570????

Quote Originally Posted by SESHU View Post
    I Changed several times these port settings. 465 or 587 or 995.

but no luck. i have tried several times all erased and re-entered settings gmail ids and changed port settings....

i want to send and receive emails with my canon copier. With my gmail account to any email id.

what are the common requirements needed. what's the procedure..

i have 2 --4570 canon copiers, 2 color xerox machines(one 4570 copier connected with wifi router network), 3 Desktop systems and wifi router, valid gmail account.

how to set up scan to email and receive mail with my connected 4570 copier.. i have search on the web and youtube. there is no full procedure of setup scan to email..

what are the common requirements needed. what's the procedure.. what is the initial set up step by step...
    ================================================== ================================================== =============================

Canon> Send to Email (Video)

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ================================================== ================================================== =============================

Canon> Send to Email (Video)

I have seen the lot of Canon setup send to email videos... i Configured as they showed..

Every videos there is filled up dns server name smtp server, pop server details different types entered....

i filled again details and send .. error Report is NG#801

I WEB Rui there is MAil To Administrator option is there... may i setup or not... the option outlook setup page opened..

what 's the option used..

What ver. of Firmware is loaded in this iR4570

In the iR use the Ping function-
    If ping is successful, then you know the machine has the ability to reach the server

If ping was unsuccessful, confirm that name resolution is working , do this by pinging
    the computer name of any PC on the network.
    If unable to ping computer name confirm DNS address, do an ipconfig /all on a nearby PC and confirm settings.

If the SMTP is outside of the local network, the router or domain controller may be preventing access to the internet.
    Confirm this by pinging any know internet address like Error

If unsuccessful; to rule out the router> set the machine for DHCP reboot and let the machine take an address from the router/dhcp server.
    Confirm all the other settings and test again. If successful then you must have the IT person assign an exception for the machine in the Router Firewall or assign an isolation for the machine by
    MAC Address.
    ================================================== ================

#801 [SMTP] Sending to e-mail server
    Cause
    -A timeout error occurred during communication with the SMTP server to transmit an E-mail, or to transmit/receive
    I-Fax, due to a problem with the server.
    -The from E-mail address is not correct.
    -The SMTP server returned an error while trying to connect.
    -The SMTP server rejected the E-mail due to some kind of spam policy filtering.
    Remedy
    -Check and verify that the SMTP server is operating properly.
    -Check and verify that the from E-mail address is valid for the SMTP server that is being used.
    -Check the network status.
    -The SMTP server might be rejecting the E-mail because of some configuration settings that are configured in Canon device,
    try the following:
    Change the subject field to something other then ATTACHED IMAGE.
    Select

Notes:
    Please use Microsoft Outlook Express (DO NOT USE OUTLOOK) from a computer to test, verify and confirm the correct requirements for the E-mail server that the customer is trying to use to send E-mail. You can bring up Microsoft Outlook Express by clicking START > RUN then type MSIMN and click OK. Then create an E-mail account using the information that was provided to you
    and try to send an email from MS Outlook Express.
    Last edited by teckat; 08-24-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    What ver. of Firmware is loaded in this iR4570

In the iR use the Ping function-
    If ping is successful, then you know the machine has the ability to reach the server

If ping was unsuccessful, confirm that name resolution is working , do this by pinging
    the computer name of any PC on the network.
    If unable to ping computer name confirm DNS address, do an ipconfig /all on a nearby PC and confirm settings.

If the SMTP is outside of the local network, the router or domain controller may be preventing access to the internet.
    Confirm this by pinging any know internet address like Error

If unsuccessful; to rule out the router> set the machine for DHCP reboot and let the machine take an address from the router/dhcp server.
    Confirm all the other settings and test again. If successful then you must have the IT person assign an exception for the machine in the Router Firewall or assign an isolation for the machine by
    MAC Address.
    ================================================== ================

#801 [SMTP] Sending to e-mail server
    Cause
    -A timeout error occurred during communication with the SMTP server to transmit an E-mail, or to transmit/receive
    I-Fax, due to a problem with the server.
    -The from E-mail address is not correct.
    -The SMTP server returned an error while trying to connect.
    -The SMTP server rejected the E-mail due to some kind of spam policy filtering.
    Remedy
    -Check and verify that the SMTP server is operating properly.
    -Check and verify that the from E-mail address is valid for the SMTP server that is being used.
    -Check the network status.
    -The SMTP server might be rejecting the E-mail because of some configuration settings that are configured in Canon device,
    try the following:
    Change the subject field to something other then ATTACHED IMAGE.
    Select

Notes:
    Please use Microsoft Outlook Express (DO NOT USE OUTLOOK) from a computer to test, verify and confirm the correct requirements for the E-mail server that the customer is trying to use to send E-mail. You can bring up Microsoft Outlook Express by clicking START > RUN then type MSIMN and click OK. Then create an E-mail account using the information that was provided to you
    and try to send an email from MS Outlook Express.
    Thank you Teckat.

I checked ping in near pc... Ping Successful. (on the machine also.)
    sent and received data packets available. lost is= 0

Network printing is working Very well.
    also Network Scanning is working Very Well.
    When i Type any PC in Machines' Ip Address Machine's Web RUI page is opened every pc.

In cmd ipconfig \all ... there is running pc ip address the information displayed. but machine ip address cannot be displayed.

Domain name ????

There are instances (ex. DHCP is being used, IP Addresses are often changed, etc) when a device may need to connect to another host using its FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) rather than its IP Address.
    If the device cannot communicate with the host via its FQDN, it may be due to a name resolution problem (DNS issue).

A good way to confirm this is to try to communicate with the host via its IP Address. If the device can connect to a host via its IP Address, but cannot connect via its FQDN, there is probably a DNS problem. To perform this test, the IP Address of the host is needed.

How can you obtain the IP Address (ex. 192.168.1.150) of a host from its FQDN (ex. test.canon.com)? How can you further troubleshoot DNS issues?

I. Use the PING command:

1. From a Windows PC, open the command prompt (Start > Run > type 'cmd' > OK).

2. Ping the FQDN of the host. If the PC can resolve this FQDN to an IP Address (via DNS or its hosts file), it will display the IP Address.

For example, if the IP Address of an E-mail Server (with FQDN 'mail01.cusa.canon.com') is needed to configure a copier for Universal Send, you can try to simply ping the FQDN of the E-mail Server.

In this example, the command 'ping mail01.cusa.canon.com' resolved the FQDN 'mail01.cusa.canon.com' to the IP Address 146.184.100.101.

II. Use the NSLOOKUP command:

Nslookup displays information that you can use to diagnose Domain Name System (DNS) infrastructure. You can use nslookup to resolve a FQDN to an IP Address using the DNS Server of your choice.

nslookup [{ComputerToFind| [-Server]}]

ComputerToFind : Looks up information for ComputerToFind using the current default DNS name server, if no other server is specified. To look up a computer not in the current DNS domain, append a period to the name.
    -Server : Specifies to use this server as the DNS name server. If you omit -Server, the default DNS name server is used.
    For more information on the nslookup command, see Microsoft's website.

In the example below, the command 'nslookup mail01.cusa.canon.com' resolved the FQDN 'mail01.cusa.canon.com' to the IP Address 146.184.100.101 using the default DNS Server edpsv001.cusa.canon.com (146.184.100.100).

October 26, 2010
    Email Send Function Fails Even though the Email Settings Seem Correctly Configured

Problem :
    The email send function fails even though the Email Settings on the copier are correctly configured according to the Network Administrator. The correct Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) for their email server has been typed in for the SMTP Server setting. The Administrator can Ping this email server by its FQDN and by its IP address from any of his computers.

Solution :
    The problem here is most likely that the imageRUNNER cannot resolve the email server's FQDN into its valid IP address. The computers on the network can Ping the email server by its FQDN because they can resolve the FQDN to the server's IP address. The computers are either configured to use a DNS server or may have a mapping for the email server configured in their local HOSTS file. The copier does not have a HOSTS file to edit on it. The copier will need to be configured with the IP address of the network's DNS server. If a DNS server is not available, the SMTP Server setting on the copier can be set as the IP address of the email server instead of its FQDN. This will eliminate the need to resolve the name (as the IP address will be known by the copier).
    Also make sure that the domain name for the domain the SMTP server serves is set in the DNS settings under Domain Name. If the Domain Name is incorrect, the most common error code in the Send job log will be #752. The domain name must match your customer's email FQDN. For example, if your customer receives email at 'jsmith@xyzcorp.com' the FQDN is 'xyzcorp.com'. If the imageRUNNER is connected to an external Fiery controller the Domain Name must be set on the external controller.

With some email servers if the Subject field for document being sent via e-mail is left blank, the transmission of the e-mail may fail. Populate the Subject field by accessing the System Settings > Communications Settings > E-mail / I-Fax Settings

Note:Currently, some of the Canon Universal Send devices do not have the ability to authenticate with an SMTP Server. There is no option in the copier’s settings to enter authentication information for SMTP. If the SMTP Server is configured to require authentication for outgoing mail, the Canon device will not be able to send mail. The Network Administrator will need to change the settings on his SMTP Server to work around this issue (ex. Grant the RELAY privilege to the individual IP address of the copier).