Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    cshannahan

Canon IR 350 Scan to email will not work

I've read all the forums, tried everything and I'm getting mixed results. Basically we have 2 printers that I'm setting up scan to email for. The printers are the exact same. One is in one building, the other in one next 2 it. Same network, different switches but same network.

One printer has been giving me so much trouble. I keep getting NG #801 errors. It will not send. I just have the SMTP relay server hostname defined and an email address. There is no authentication. Once I changed the DNS servers to external and it did work but I changed it back to internal now neither work.

I went to the other printer, set it up exactly the same and it works fine! I have set this up so many times on Ricoh, never have any issues. I'm stumped on why it won't work for one but works for the other. The only thing that is different is the switch, IP/Names of the printers. Not sure what to do next.

cshannahan

Re: Canon IR 350 Scan to email will not work

So after upgrading the firmware and pretty much everything else I found one last thing to try. Go into the service menu and clear the MMI. It worked! After you find the clear button, then click on MMI, wait 20 seconds and power off the printer. You will have to go enabled IPV4 again, enter all the info and the scan to email stuff again.