Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IC C2380i:  print usb = ok   - print tcp/ip = error - scan tcp/ip = ok

Re: Canon IC C2380i: print usb = ok - print tcp/ip = error - scan tcp/ip = ok

Quote Originally Posted by fpmfc View Post
    no, reset all setting on the IRC2380 only (user menu-> 3/4 -> reset all setting/data) ..... boom!
    I've change the langage, config the tcp/ip ipv4, ...

now
    I'm in the same place that before
    ping irc2380 -> pc nogood
    browse the network nogood (protocole windows SMB browse -> no answer)

send to file impossible
    send to email impossible
    print via PC good

thank you for your help
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the iR use the Ping function-
    If ping is successful, then you know the machine has the ability to reach the server

If ping was unsuccessful, confirm that name resolution is working , do this by pinging
    the computer name of any PC on the network.
    If unable to ping computer name confirm DNS address, do an ipconfig /all on a nearby PC and confirm settings.

If the SMTP is outside of the local network, the router or domain controller may be preventing access to the internet.
    Confirm this by pinging any know internet address like Error

If unsuccessful; to rule out the router> set the machine for DHCP reboot and let the machine take an address from the router/dhcp server.
    Confirm all the other settings and test again.
    If successful then you must have the IT person assign an exception for the machine in the Router Firewall or assign an isolation for the machine by
    MAC Address.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

that's ok now

hourra!

the problem was not here,
    the hub rj45 was fall down (ping pc-> irc2380 ok and irc2380-> pc nogood !!!!!) no map network, ...
    I restart it, and now all is ok.

one more time
    Thank you for your help

that's ok now

hourra!

the problem was not here,
    the hub rj45 was fall down (ping pc-> irc2380 ok and irc2380-> pc nogood !!!!!) no map network, ...
    I restart it, and now all is ok.

one more time
    Thank you for your help

good find/
    did u use the newer Scangear download

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    good find/
    did u use the newer Scangear download
    Yes I do
    But I must restart my pc server, to finish the install, and now itsn't possible

now the drivers appear with v2.11, but no jpeg format available.
    waiting reboot

tks

Technician

hello !

I've a new problem now with my canon IRC2380i (I don't change settings)

Now
    I can print from PC -> IRC2380i (good speed, ...)
    I can send to email adress (but very slow sending and only 1 page tiff format )

But :
    I can't send to PC repertories : message "error TCP/IP"
    I can't scan from PC (with scangear2 driver) : message "scanner is OFF"

For test : I make a new address (with the 1 touch screen menu) : I use smb(windows) protocole, workgroup, etc... and I can map the server repertories, it's ok, but later I didn't use it because "error tcp/ip"

I've test with a new rj45 cable, idem
    Also, I thing that my tcp/ip settings are no good !

Thank for your help

hello !

I've a new problem now with my canon IRC2380i (I don't change settings)

Now
    I can print from PC -> IRC2380i (good speed, ...)
    I can send to email adress (but very slow sending and only 1 page tiff format )

But :
    I can't send to PC repertories : message "error TCP/IP"
    I can't scan from PC (with scangear2 driver) : message "scanner is OFF"

For test : I make a new address (with the 1 touch screen menu) : I use smb(windows) protocole, workgroup, etc... and I can map the server repertories, it's ok, but later I didn't use it because "error tcp/ip"

I've test with a new rj45 cable, idem
    Also, I thing that my tcp/ip settings are no good !

Thank for your help
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is a brief summary of the various SMB versions and where they live in Windows Operating Systems.

SMB 1 : This may not be an exact classification as it was the default version used in Windows Operating Systems prior to Windows Vista.

SMB 2.0 : This was one of the enhancements included with Windows Vista. In short, the aim of this was to reduce the amount of traffic generated by commands which are used as part of the normal operation of SMB traffic.

SMB 2.1 :
    This version showed up on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 with a new Opportunistic Locking Mechanism. Opportunistic locking is a feature that locks files and handles local caching of files in order that other users do not modify files at the same time. This feature is applies to other Windows Operating systems, but has been improved for Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2.

SMB 3.0 : Windows 8 and Server 2012 use this version of SMB which includes the capability of SMB Direct Protocol, otherwise known as SMB over RDMA. Also included was something called Multichannel which supports multiple connections for an SMB session.

SMB 3.2 : This is part of the feature set included with Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2.

If for some reason a "push scan" to a computer running a Windows Operating System fails, please obtain the error code to help facilitate troubleshooting.
    -------------------
    Is it possible for the device to scan to a Server or Computer that is employing SMB 3 protocol ?

Microsoft has addressed these types of issues whereby a device that employs SMB 1 attempts to scan to a shared folder on specific types of operating systems. For information on the operating systems effected as well as information and instruction on applying what is defined as "Update Rollup", please click the following :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2896636

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------

The Canon Universal --Send devices only send via SMB using NetBIOS over TCP/IP, as described above (137, 138, 139). They do NOT send using SMB over TCP/IP (445). Thus, if the destination computer has NetBIOS disabled for TCP/IP, push scanning via SMB from the Canon Universal Send device will fail.

NetBIOS over TCP/IP setting:

1. Right click the [Local Area Connection] applet and select Properties.
    2. Double click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
    3. Click the [Advanced] button.
    4. Click the WINS tab.
    5. Select the [Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP] or [Default] (if DHCP doesn't specify to disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP) option.
    67. Click OK.

Push Scanning (Universal Send)
    Make sure that all other network functions are working properly for your imageRUNNER device.

1) Verify that you are able to print
    2) Verify the use of the RUI,
    3) Verify the imageRUNNER device can ping other computers or devices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PC repertories

u mean ?
    send documents from/to a mailbox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keeping the imageRUNNER's Scanner Function Online Continuously.

How to keep the imageRUNNER's scanner function (for Network ScanGear or Color Network ScanGear/ Pull Scanning ) in the 'Online' state even after a shutdown, reboot, or sleep

* Note: If you do not have a Scan tab on the copier, this will not work.

1. Hit Additional Functions.
    2. Select System Settings.
    3. Press the 'Auto Online / Offline' option.
    4. Select 'Auto Online' and turn it 'On'. - You can print without setting the scanner function Offline.
    - You will not be able to push scan to a destination via Universal Send or make copies with the scanner function Online. You will need to turn the scanner function Offline before doing so.

The Auto Offline Feature allows a user to have the Scanner within the imageRUNNER automatically go offline after a certain amount of time.
    This functionality is helpful because other features of the copier may not be enabled while the scanner is online.
    To enable Auto Offline:

1) Select Additional Functions.
    2) Select System Settings.
    3) Select Auto Offline and set this to On.

To set the time that the machine will automatically go offline (Auto Clear Time):

1) Hit Additional Functions.
    2) Select Timer Settings.
    3) Choose Change Auto Clear Time.
    4) Enter the desired time in minutes and select OK. The time ranges from 0 - 9 minutes in one minute increments (0 = off).
    Last edited by teckat; 10-10-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Technician

well well..

I've find one part of problem :
    in the network setting/SMB setting : "USE THE SMB SERVER" must be NO

and now IRC2380i : send email or PC/files is OK (and with normal speed)

only the ScanGear2 not functionnal : message "THE SCAN IS OFFLINE", I don't know why

thank for your help tekcat

well well..

I've find one part of problem :
    in the network setting/SMB setting : "USE THE SMB SERVER" must be NO

and now IRC2380i : send email or PC/files is OK (and with normal speed)

only the ScanGear2 not functionnal : message "THE SCAN IS OFFLINE", I don't know why

thank for your help tekcat

Check on control panel \ & turn to "ONLINE"
    Make sure not set to "Auto Offline"