Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IPF750 hardware error 03130031-2F26

Hi

I own a Canon IPF750 witch has a error 03130031-2F26.

When i power on the printer, it starts to initialize and then the printhead moves to the left for a distance like abouth 80 cm.
    This is the distance from the starting point completely from the right side.
    When i shut down the printer and move the printhead like 15 cm to the left from the starting point and the turn on the printer again, then the printhead also moves about the same distance to the left. So 80 cm + 15 cm. When the printhead starts from the middle then it moves also to left with a big clunck at the end of the movement (banging against the end of the rail).

I have cleaned the transport rail and checked the optical ribbon for stains or other malicious substances.

The weird thing is, that the distance the head moves is almost always exactly the same (like abouth 80 cm).
    Also i cant seem to enter service mode to update the firmware wich is needed to do the upgrade.

I have disassembled the printhead to see if there is no durt or stains on the optical sensor and/or if the ribbon cables are not broken.
    I don't see any breaks in the cable (not visually).

All suggestions are welcome.

Roverius

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IPF750 hardware error 03130031-2F26

Re: Canon IPF750 hardware error 03130031-2F26

Quote Originally Posted by Roverius View Post
    Hi

When i power on the printer, it starts to initialize and then the printhead moves to the left for a distance like abouth 80 cm.
    When i shut down the printer and move the printhead like 15 cm to the left from the starting point and the turn on the printer again, then the printhead also moves about the same distance to the left. So 80 cm + 15 cm. When the printhead starts from the middle then it moves also to left with a big clunck at the end of the movement (banging against the end of the rail).

I have cleaned the transport rail and checked the optical ribbon for stains or other malicious substances.

The weird thing is, that the distance the head moves is almost always exactly the same (like abouth 80 cm).
    Also i cant seem to enter service mode to update the firmware wich is needed to do the upgrade.

I have disassembled the printhead to see if there is no durt or stains on the optical sensor and/or if the ribbon cables are not broken.

Roverius

Carriage is moving to the left and then displays a 2F26.
    There is a noise when the Carriage moves to the left-most position.

The Feed Roller shaft bushing, shown below, may be broken.
    The Carriage was striking it when moving to the left. Replacing the bushing resolved the issue. QC3-1478-000

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    or
    iPF750After Power On and at the time of printer initialization while the Carriage Unit has moved to the Left and it starts moving toward Right (home position) printer stops and error 2F26 would show on the control panel display.

In this case in this iPF750, the following parts were replaced to resolve the problem:
    Pulley Unit (part # QM3-5833-000)
    Spring, Compression (part # QU1-2441-000)
    Retainer, Pulley (part # QC3-1531-000)

================================================== =============================
    imagePROGRAF Unusual Noises
    Location Type of Noise Cause/Remedy/Action
    Carriage Drive Rasping /Check the carriage drive ldler Pulley
    /Check the Carriage Tension Unit
    /Refer to the causes for 2F26 errors in the Service Manual and /Trouibleshooting Guide
    Chattering /Check if the Tube Unit is striking the exterior walls
    /Try opening and closing the Platen Suction Path Selection Valve (this is normal)
    Creaky /Make sure the Carriage Rail is dry and not soiled (never apply oil)
    /Replace the Rail Cleaner
    /Replace the Carriage Bearing if applicable (large printers only)
    /Check if the Print Head open/close lever is broken (replace as required)
    Head rubbing Abrasive /Check the Print Head height setting
    /Check for jams in the paper path near the Print Head
    /Check the Paper Type settings
    Cutter Chattering /Replace the Cutter unit if it is damaged
    Near the lnk Tank Unit Chattering /The Ink stirring operation is in process (this is normal)
    Roll Spool Chattering /Check if the drive belt is loose
    /Set the Rubber Pad to the correct position
    Paper Feed / Back Feed Chattering /Check the LF Backup Roller
    /Replace as needed
    Caterpillar Mylar Chattering /Check if the Catepillar Mylar sheet is out of position
    /Replace the Tube Unit as required
    Platen Suction Hole Whistling /Clean the Platen suction hole
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I will check if that bushing is defective or not.
    Meanwhile i am going to try to make a video and place it on the web for you to see what is happening.

Regards,
    Roverius

Technician

Hello again.

I have checked the bushing and it seems OK.

I have made a video of the problem:

http://users.telenet.be/Roverius/files/error_2f26.mp4

I hope this helps to understand the problem.

Regards,
    Roverius

[QUOTE=Roverius;487426]Hi

Roverius[/QUOTE

Hi Roverius,

I would recommend you replace the Carriage Relay PCB then if that doesn't change anything its most likely the Main Controller PCB

Hate to tell you this but for me, 9 out of 10 times that I have had this error, it was the Main Controller PCB, and unfortunately its quite expensive to replace, if you have a second hand one to test with first, it would be a lot cheaper than committing to a new board, as once the part is opened canon wont refund you if it doesn't fix your issue, unless you get a canon tech to fit the part for you.

hope this helps,

Cheers,
    SAZ911..........

Technician

Hi Roverius,

I would recommend you replace the Carriage Relay PCB then if that doesn't change anything its most likely the Main Controller PCB

Hate to tell you this but for me, 9 out of 10 times that I have had this error, it was the Main Controller PCB, and unfortunately its quite expensive to replace, if you have a second hand one to test with first, it would be a lot cheaper than committing to a new board, as once the part is opened canon wont refund you if it doesn't fix your issue, unless you get a canon tech to fit the part for you.

hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Hi,

I am going to try to find the Carriage relay PCB (QM3-4932-000 ) and see what happens.
    Else, maybe i can find a refurbished Main controller PCB.

Hopefully, i can repair it with the relay pcb, because i dont want to spend to much to repair this printer.

Regards,
    Roverius

Technician

Hi,

Question:
    The Carriage relay PCB (
    QM3-4932-000 ), is this the board that looks like a power supply?
    I only see 2 boards, a power supply looking board and a systemboard.

Also, i hear a high pitched noise at the coverlock. Is this normal.
    Sorry for the questions, but i never had a printer like this before and just got it as a present (well allmost) with the problems included.

Regards,
    Roverius

Hi,

Question:
    The Carriage relay PCB (
    QM3-4932-000 ), is this the board that looks like a power supply?
    I only see 2 boards, a power supply looking board and a systemboard.

Also, i hear a high pitched noise at the coverlock. Is this normal.
    Sorry for the questions, but i never had a printer like this before and just got it as a present (well allmost) with the problems included.

Regards,
    Roverius
    Hi Roverius,

The board that looks like a power supply at the back of the machine is the power supply (QK1-5056).
    Carriage pcb unit should be (QM3-4569).
    Main controller should be (QM3-5820).

The carriage pcb unit is a small board that is in the Carriage assy that carries the printhead, it connects the ribbon cable from the carriage pcb to the main controller at the back of the machine.

Please Note:
    Please double check the part numbers as the numbers i have provided are for the European market and so the voltages on the power supply may vary from region to region.

good luck,

cheers....
    SAZ911..........

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by SAZ911 View Post
    Hi Roverius,

The board that looks like a power supply at the back of the machine is the power supply (QK1-5056).
    Carriage pcb unit should be (QM3-4569).
    Main controller should be (QM3-5820).

The carriage pcb unit is a small board that is in the Carriage assy that carries the printhead, it connects the ribbon cable from the carriage pcb to the main controller at the back of the machine.

Please Note:
    Please double check the part numbers as the numbers i have provided are for the European market and so the voltages on the power supply may vary from region to region.

good luck,

cheers....
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
    The machine is european, so 220Volt power input.

I have looked for the cariage pcb, but it seems i can not locate where it is placed.
    I only see 2 boards at the back of the printer w.i. the powerboard and the main pcb board.
    Can you explain where the cariage pcb is located please.

Regards,
    Roverius

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.
    The machine is european, so 220Volt power input.

I have looked for the cariage pcb, but it seems i can not locate where it is placed.
    I only see 2 boards at the back of the printer w.i. the powerboard and the main pcb board.
    Can you explain where the cariage pcb is located please.

Regards,
    Roverius
    Hi

The board would be just behind where you put the printhead in the carriage assy.(see pic below) Also might be worth replacing the whole carriage assy(QM3-58244).
    roverius.JPG

* If you haven't replaced this board before it can be quite a challenge so it may be worth getting a canon tech to have a look at it for you.

cheers.........
    SAZ911..........