Times8

Smile MF8450 - E000744 Fault code finaly solved!

Hello engineers, DIY people,

The All in One unit MF8450 sometimes suffers from data loss in the NVRAM. The result is a E000744 fault code. By upgrading with the original Firmware,
    this problem is solved in a few minutes!

Here the link to the original wlaa-19-03 version Update Tool: (at this page you will find much more update tools for other models!)

Canon imageCLASS products Firmware Download Page

This tool was made for MS Windows XP and Vista OS, so when you encounter problems in using the Tool just open it in the compatibility mode.
    It will work fine. (If you don't know how to do that: mouse pointer on .exe Tool, press right mouse button and select 'open in compatibilty modus').

In case you can't enter any interface on the machine: Switch unit off, then keep button 2 and # pressed and while doing that switch machine on.
    Keep these buttons pressed until the display shows the download screen.(black screen with "waiting..." text) Then connect the USB cable, and start the Upgrade Tool.

Good luck!

PS: In a few days I will also publish the American market IRC1021i and 1022i versions of the MF8XXX series Firmware Update Tools links. So in case you have these models with the same fault; keep checking this post.
    Last edited by Times8; 10-03-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MF8450 - E000744 Fault code finaly solved!

Re: MF8450 - E000744 Fault code finaly solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Times8 View Post
    Hello engineers, DIY people,

The All in One unit MF8450 sometimes suffers from data loss in the NVRAM. The result is a E000744 fault code. By upgrading the original Firmware,
    this problem is solved in a few minutes!

Here the link to the original wlaa-19-03 version Update Tool: (at this page you will find much more update tools for other models!)

Canon imageCLASS products Firmware Download Page

This tool was made for MS Windows XP and Vista OS, so when you encounter problems in using the Tool just open it in the compatibility mode.
    It will work fine. (If you don't know how to do that: mouse pointer on .exe Tool, press right mouse button and select open in compatibilty modus).

In case you can't enter any interface on the machine: Switch unit off, then keep button 2 and # pressed and while doing that switch machine on.
    Keep these buttons pressed until the display indicates the download screen.(black screen with "waiting..." text) Then connect the USB cable, and start the Upgrade Tool.

Good luck!

Mafia-Man.jpg
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Broome

Thanks Times8,

This fixed my E000744 but I now have a new error which tells me Toner is not set, Yellow, then Black, Cyan, magenta. This cycles through all of them continuously and wont print. I have even tried replacing all the cartridges, I believe it is a fault in the firmware and may not be totally compatible with Australian version. Any idea's as Canon Service in Australia can't help me.

Thanks !!!

Times8

Quote Originally Posted by Broome View Post
    Thanks Times8,

This fixed my E000744 but I now have a new error which tells me Toner is not set, Yellow, then Black, Cyan, magenta. This cycles through all of them continuously and wont print. I have even tried replacing all the cartridges, I believe it is a fault in the firmware and may not be totally compatible with Australian version. Any idea's as Canon Service in Australia can't help me.

Thanks !!!

Hi, I´m sure this software is compatible with your version. You need to do a full innitial procedure, (when the machine is first time used) In some cases the mechanical loading assembly is faulty resulting in poor contact of the contacts. Please check this first but most of all it must be mechanicaly alligned perfectly. If your machine does not detect the four cartridges it gives this fault.