Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Canon IRA C2020

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IRA C2020

Canon IRA C2020

Went to look at this machine. It has a print or fax job in memory and when it tries to print the page the paper feeds to the registration roller then eventually comes up with an E315-00d code (abnormality of image data) I took out the SDRAM and cleaned it. Any other suggestions? If I need to replace the hard drive do I need to replace the HDD or reload the programming? If so, is it fairly straight forward and can someone help me get it. Thanks in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: Canon IRA C2020

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Went to look at this machine. It has a print or fax job in memory and when it tries to print the page the paper feeds to the registration roller then eventually comes up with an E315-00d code (abnormality of image data) I took out the SDRAM and cleaned it. Any other suggestions? If I need to replace the hard drive do I need to replace the HDD or reload the programming? If so, is it fairly straight forward and can someone help me get it. Thanks in advance.
    I did not see a E315-00d in the service manual. It is not straight forward and the usb software files are very large. Service manual says HD, main controller 2 and others. Updating the sofware is the easiest to try. Did not see much on that model and that code E315.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon IRA C2020

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I did not see a E315-00d in the service manual. It is not straight forward and the usb software files are very large. Service manual says HD, main controller 2 and others. Updating the sofware is the easiest to try. Did not see much on that model and that code E315.
    Technically it is a E000315-00d. I left of the zereos. Seems almost all canon errors start off with zereos

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Technically it is a E000315-00d. I left of the zereos. Seems almost all canon errors start off with zereos

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    You are right. I missed it the first time. I did not know if you had a service manual or not.

E315 000d 00 Title Image process device errorDescription JBIG decode errorRemedy 1. Delete the current job2. Turn OFF and then ON the main power3. Check connection of Main Controller PCB 24. Replace the DDR-SDRAM, the HDD and Main Controller
    PCB 2 at the same time