IRC 4580i Automatically restarting

Any idea what could be happened with the machine as it behaving strange, its automatically restarting itself often since last two days.

regards,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRC 4580i Automatically restarting

Re: IRC 4580i Automatically restarting

Quote Originally Posted by gorganite View Post
    Any idea what could be happened with the machine as it behaving strange, its automatically restarting itself often since last two days.

regards,

CHECK --fixing unit & temps

also check your outlet for proper voltages & proper ground between > GD to NEUTRAL=0v +/- 0.5v max

does printer just go into warm-up & recycle

machine would intermittently reboot or cycle off and on through out the day.

Setting all WSD Print settings to off may resolvethe issue.

Additional Functions>System Settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Print settings>Use WSD to off

Additional Functions>System Settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Print settings>Use WSD Browsing to off

Additional Functions>System Settings>Network Settings>TCP/IP Settings>WSD Print settings>Use Multi Cast Discovery to off

could also mean your HDD is crapping out.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Taggerung08's Avatar

Re: IRC 4580i Automatically restarting

Quote Originally Posted by gorganite View Post

regards,
    I would be suspicious of the power supply to the machine. Check the voltages as Teckat suggested and definitely be more specific about when the machine powers off.
    When it turns on, do you see the warmup screen? Does it boot to the main menu? Do you hear the engine warming up? Is the fuser getting warm at all? Does the screen stay black and just reboot? Does the green power light turn on and off?

Thumbs up Re: IRC 4580i Automatically restarting

Dear All,

I Have found that the RAM were faulty due to that it was continuously rebooting again and again, engine starts well and when screen show canon logo with "wait" below the logo, machine restarts itself.

any how as per your suggestions i have replaced the complete power supply, all the communication card from the mother board but its only work with RAM replacement.

Thanks for the help.

regards,