Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 3035 duplex jam

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3035 duplex jam

3035 duplex jam

I have an ir3035 in the field that jams on duplex mode. The first copy starts to exit towards the finisher instead of going up to the duplexer and it jams. Once you remove the jam, since the job is still memory it tries again but this time passes the copy just fine through the duplexer.

Went back out, Jam code is 010A. We just replaced the whole duplex unit and still jamming. See picture of where the first sheet jams. You remove it and then passes the rest of the job successfully. But next time you try to duplex,2015111895124018.jpg it jams again first sheet.
    Last edited by repeatcopiers; 11-18-2015 at 07:04 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts dan7777's Avatar

Re: 3035 duplex jam

Quote Originally Posted by repeatcopiers View Post
    I have an ir3035 in the field that jams on duplex mode. The first copy starts to exit towards the finisher instead of going up to the duplexer and it jams. Once you remove the jam, since the job is still memory it tries again but this time passes the copy just fine through the duplexer.

Went back out, Jam code is 010A. We just replaced the whole duplex unit and still jamming. See picture of where the first sheet jams. You remove it and then passes the rest of the job successfully. But next time you try to duplex,2015111895124018.jpg it jams again first sheet.
    I posted about the same picture here and got no help. I had three machines doing it. Changing paper direction to letter R fixed the problem for now but I would like to know also how to fix it. I am leaning on the second delivery frame hinge FL2-12012-000. I tried a used 2nd delivery unit with no success but the hinge could have been bent on that one also. Just waiting for them to call back so I can try that hinge in it. They try and open door too wide and bend hinge. On this machine you can feed letter single sided all day but jams first copy double sided. I have found that gate where it jams cracked and cleaning and adjusting solinoid helps. This tech pub shows the bent part. 010A jam also.
    TP06 118[1].pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    3035 duplex jam

Quote Originally Posted by dan7777 View Post
    I posted about the same picture here and got no help. I had three machines doing it. Changing paper direction to letter R fixed the problem for now but I would like to know also how to fix it. I am leaning on the second delivery frame hinge FL2-12012-000. I tried a used 2nd delivery unit with no success but the hinge could have been bent on that one also. Just waiting for them to call back so I can try that hinge in it. They try and open door too wide and bend hinge. On this machine you can feed letter single sided all day but jams first copy double sided. I have found that gate where it jams cracked and cleaning and adjusting solinoid helps. This tech pub shows the bent part. 010A jam also.
    TP06 118[1].pdf

I have one out there like this that is working with Letter R paper, but this one doesn't even work on Letter R. And the 2nd delivery unit I tried was used as well so you may be on the right track with the bent hinge. Its just bizarre how it only jams on the first double sided copy then passes the second try, every time!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

just to cover all the bases. have you guys replaced right door flapper dampers and made sure registration roller and ground plate are clean and making contact?

check this old post Canon IR 3570 jamming in right door

sharptech said to replace this flapper. revflapper.jpg

and also read service bulletin
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by sharptech1 View Post
    just to cover all the bases. have you guys replaced right door flapper dampers and made sure registration roller and ground plate are clean and making contact?
    I check the ground plate on mine. We take those flapper dampers out for sticking to the flapper. We leave them out. I have wondered about this and gave my boss the part number but he never ordered the new styles. Do you think the dampers make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by aco.bk View Post
    check this old post Canon IR 3570 jamming in right door

sharptech said to replace this flapper. revflapper.jpg

and also read service bulletin
    Those dampers do cause jams but usually on single sided also. I think we are talking about double sided jams. I take the feed unit out to get those dampers off and I leave them off. That is one damper that needs to be removed on all those machines. I think the jam code is not the same as we have.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    3035 duplex jam

I had the same problem with a similar machine. Always did it on the first copy after the machine had been sitting unused for a while. Finally found an earlier post about the same problem. I replaced the dampers for both the lower flapper on the door and the one just above it. I have not had to return since. I actually used some left over drum felts from a Sharp AR M350/M355 series copier.