Run PG 10 test prints
    for observing
    Run PG 5 Single Color test prints
    to observe
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    irc2380i

Re: irc2380i

Run PG 10 test print to isolate bad drum.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Quote Originally Posted by akm View Post
    Dear/CopyTechNet,

I want your help to solve the problem with IRC2380I as in the sample

thanks
    akm
    Hi,

I also think you need to print a pg-10 so as to isolate the bad drum as mentioned, also i would recommend that you make sure the laser is clean before printing the pg-10 test print.

Good luck,
    SAZ911..........

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Run PG 10 test prints
    for observing
    Run PG 5 Single Color test prints
    to observe

i run PG10 test and the result as in attached picture.I find the white lines in the yellow color i need how to repair the drum unit without changing it because its price very expensive. your reply very important

thanks
    akm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc2380i

Quote Originally Posted by akm View Post
    i run PG10 test and the result as in attached picture.I find the white lines in the yellow color i need how to repair the drum unit without changing it because its price very expensive. your reply very important

thanks
    akm
    =================================================
    did u clean the Dustproof Glass for Yellow
    Take out the cleaning tool from the backside of the front cover
    Hold the knob of the cleaning tool , and slowly move it back and forth to clean the 4 internal points of the host machine with the pad at the tip of the
    cleaning tool.
    clean dust proof.jpghttps://youtu.be/M5tcIF-uXxw

u need to remove DRUM for inspection------------Check the photosensitive drum for a scar /and dirt.
    there is no repair for surface wear or damage

(TYPE=10)
    While Line
    If a white line is found in a specific color, suspect a fault in the development system, transfer system and drum of that particular color.

16-Gradation (TYPE=4)

If a white line is found in the image, suspect a fault in the developing system.

Full Page Halftone (TYPE=5) run single color *
    White Line
    If a white line occurs, suspect a fault in the ITB unit, secondary transfer outside roller, or laser exposure system.*- You can print out test prints for individual colors by making the following selections in service mode: COPIER>TEST>PG and then COLOR-Y/M/C/K.
    *- You can also change the density of the test prints by making the following selections in service mode: TEST>PG>DENS>Y/M/C/K.

Points to Note When Removing Drum Unit

When removing the drum unit, make sure that the shutter lever is at the 'Unlock' position.

If removing the drum unit from the host machine while the shutter lever is not at the 'Unlock' position, and then mounting the unit again after shifting the lever to the 'Unlock' position, the shutter of the drum unit is not opened properly.
    Therefore, toner does not get into the drum unit from the hopper assembly, and the spilled toner strays within the host machine. If removing the drum unit from the host machine while the shutter lever is not at the 'Unlock' position, put the unit back and shift the shutter lever to the 'Unlock' position, and then, remove the unit.

SEE LINK FOR DRUM CLEANING (not recommended by me>for information only/ risk is involved------------

https://youtu.be/yCkDj2P3zZs

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    irc2380i

Dirt can get inside the laser and cause lines. I would clean the laser before dismantling the drum unless there are obvious lines on the yellow drum surface.
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    =================================================
    did u clean the Dustproof Glass for Yellow
    Take out the cleaning tool from the backside of the front cover
    Hold the knob of the cleaning tool , and slowly move it back and forth to clean the 4 internal points of the host machine with the pad at the tip of the
    cleaning tool.
    clean dust proof.jpghttps://youtu.be/M5tcIF-uXxw

u need to remove DRUM for inspection------------Check the photosensitive drum for a scar /and dirt.
    there is no repair for surface wear or damage

(TYPE=10)
    While Line
    If a white line is found in a specific color, suspect a fault in the development system, transfer system and drum of that particular color.

16-Gradation (TYPE=4)

If a white line is found in the image, suspect a fault in the developing system.

Full Page Halftone (TYPE=5) run single color *
    White Line
    If a white line occurs, suspect a fault in the ITB unit, secondary transfer outside roller, or laser exposure system.*- You can print out test prints for individual colors by making the following selections in service mode: COPIER>TEST>PG and then COLOR-Y/M/C/K.
    *- You can also change the density of the test prints by making the following selections in service mode: TEST>PG>DENS>Y/M/C/K.

Points to Note When Removing Drum Unit

When removing the drum unit, make sure that the shutter lever is at the 'Unlock' position.

If removing the drum unit from the host machine while the shutter lever is not at the 'Unlock' position, and then mounting the unit again after shifting the lever to the 'Unlock' position, the shutter of the drum unit is not opened properly.
    Therefore, toner does not get into the drum unit from the hopper assembly, and the spilled toner strays within the host machine. If removing the drum unit from the host machine while the shutter lever is not at the 'Unlock' position, put the unit back and shift the shutter lever to the 'Unlock' position, and then, remove the unit.

SEE LINK FOR DRUM CLEANING (not recommended by me>for information only/ risk is involved------------

https://youtu.be/yCkDj2P3zZs
    i want to know that the following step service mode /copier/function/cleaning/tnr coating give result or not

thanks
    akm

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    irc2380i

COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEANING

2TR-CLN = Secondary transfer roller cleaning
    This is for the bias cleaning of the secondary transfer roller.
    It is used when the sheets are stained or smudged by dirt in the secondary transfer roller toner.

TNR-COAT = Secondary transfer outer roller toner application mode
    When the right door is closed while the secondary transfer roller is not dirty (when a new roller is used), the substance on the secondary transfer roller surfaces rubs against the ITB and becomes adhered to it, leaving areas of the images white where the substance was rubbed onto the ITB.
    In order to remove this adhered substance, toner is transferred once to the secondary transfer outer roller, and then the secondary transfer outer roller is cleaned.
    This is used when the secondary transfer roller has been replaced with a new one.

Hi ,

I saw a similar issue and the root cause was the charge roller contamination in Drum unit . It seems that in some countries Canon asks to clean the charge roller to fix the issue before to replace the drum units to fix the issue .

Regards

Christian