Senior Tech 250+ Posts

IR4030 scan to email

I have a customer that had their IT person try to get the copier to scan to email. He changed the port to 465 and 587 and it still won't scan. He is using Gmail but he thinks it's a setting in the copier. My experience is limited to scan to file and have never done scan to email, so is there another setting I need to change?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mosey1100's Avatar

Re: IR4030 scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I have a customer that had their IT person try to get the copier to scan to email. He changed the port to 465 and 587 and it still won't scan. He is using Gmail but he thinks it's a setting in the copier. My experience is limited to scan to file and have never done scan to email, so is there another setting I need to change?
    If you could get the error code you get when trying to scan it will help trying to figure it out. It is under Status Monitor/ Cancel > Send>Log highlight the email that didn't work then select Details at the top there should be a #xxx number and that will tell you what the issue is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mosey1100 View Post
    If you could get the error code you get when trying to scan it will help trying to figure it out. It is under Status Monitor/ Cancel > Send>Log highlight the email that didn't work then select Details at the top there should be a #xxx number and that will tell you what the issue is.
    It immediately says resending.

Usually it will try a few times then spit out an error report, but you need to do what Mosey1100 said and check the error code in the send log.
    Should point you in the right direction.

you can try go "system monitor" then "send" then "logs" press details on the one that is not going through and you should be able to see the error code

otherwise have you checked that you have the correct DNS settings

Technician

You mean before changing the port no 465 and 587is working fine. Have you change the port no at the machine at Service Mode 2.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kahyik23 View Post
    You mean before changing the port no 465 and 587is working fine. Have you change the port no at the machine at Service Mode 2.
    Neither port # is working and yes service mode 2. I will check the log for error #.

Technician

Normally gmail won't to send directly to gmail server. Unless the client have their own email server.

Technician

Hi campy, you have to do 2 things so your scan to email (with gmail) can work.

1. Go to gmail settings and verify your account either by mobile or alternative email account.

2. In your gmail account settings you have to enable "allow less secure apps or devices". You can see the process on the following links. Now gmail usually block sign in attempts from less secure apps and devices. https://support.google.com/accounts/.../6010255?hl=en

Lemme know your experience.

Sent from my Infinix X506 using Tapatalk