Technician

Setting up printing to an ir7105 without a Fiery

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing a Canon ir7105 without a Fiery, can anyone help?

I've set everything up but nothing prints to it. I've installed lots of Fierys in the past but can't seem to do this!

I'm fairly sure it has the network PDL kit installed. I need to use the Postscript driver (not PCL).

Here is what I've gone through so far:

• The machine works fine as a copier.
    • Bootrom is 50.47_C
    • I have COPIER > OPTION > INT-FACE > IMG-CONT set to 0.
    • I've set up a static TCP/IP port on the machine (192.0.0.105)
    • I'm using the correct PS driver on Windows 7 (not the Fiery S1 or S2 driver), with the same port selected.
    • All the PCs and other copiers on the network work fine, the IP address should also be fine.
    • I can print out a network report (user data list) from the machine. It shows the same IP address.
    • The printer driver can see the status of the machine, but test prints don't print out.
    • Typing in the IP address of the machine on a web browser shows up the machine status correctly.
    • Turning everything off and on doesn't help!
    • The Windows 7 printer troubleshooter doesn't help!

I suspect it'll either be a silly problem like the wrong option set in service mode (IMG-CONT?), or one of the network settings on the machine (eg: LPD, RAW, WSD, Multicast etc). It's just a small simple network in a shop, it doesn't need to connect to the internet, just to some PCs. There are no proxys involved.

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts mosey1100's Avatar

Re: Setting up printing to an ir7105 without a Fiery

The default print driver for ALL Canon machines is UFRII. PCL & PS are options you have to purchase. If you press the Counter Check button then at the bottom right select Check Device Configuration scroll through and you will see which options and printing you can do with the device.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Setting up printing to an ir7105 without a Fiery

Re: Setting up printing to an ir7105 without a Fiery

March 24, 2010

Multi-PDL Printer Kit-H2 (0527B003BA) is now available for the imageRUNNER 7105 v2 / 7095 v2 / 7086 v2 Series(0512B032AA).
    The Multi-PDL Printer Kit-H1 (0527B001BB) will still be available for the imageRUNNER 7105 / 7095 / 7086 devices. When the Multi-PDL Printer Kit-H1 is no longer available, the Multi-PDL Printer Kit-H2 can be installed with the imageRUNNER 7105 / 7095 / 7086 devices with a system software upgrade.
    The main unit system software must be V.50.xx or higher. When installed with the Perfect Binder-A1, the Perfect Binder-A1 system software must be V.20.xx or higher.

Press (Additional Functions)
    Press [Report Settings]
    Press [Printer] under <Print List>
    Press [PCL]/or [PS]
    Press [Configuration Page]
    Press [Yes] to print the page

CONFIG PAGES.jpg
    Last edited by teckat; 12-15-2015 at 08:06 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**