Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    clussmates

imagerunner 3570 as Network Printer

I'm having difficulty setting up the ir3570 as a network printer. I've configured the TCP/IP settings. When in service mode, I receive an OK/successful ping. I can also successfully ping the 3570 from any computer on the network as well as access the settings when I put the 3570's ip address in a browser. When accessing the settings page from a computer, I can get it to print the report. However when I try to print any actual document or file it fails. They all attempt to print, remain in Window's print queue for a minute, then times out and shows as error printing. The 3570's system monitor does not show any item under the print queue.

I've tried many of the drivers (PCL5/6, Postscript, UFR, etc.) and none work. When installing the driver, the computers can find the 3570 just fine via ip address. I have whitelisted all the computers ip addresses in the 3570's settings as well. There is no password or department IDs set. I've tested on 32/64 operating systems, XP/7/10. Same thing every time. Been scratching my head over this since I think I covered everything. Is there something I'm overlooking?

I am told this 3570 was previously only used as a copier.

Also taking a look at the manuals I found online, I seem to be missing many options from my menu compared to the pictures show in the manual. Is there a way to perform a factory reset to restore the missing options?

Happy holidays.

Re: imagerunner 3570 as Network Printer

same problem with me, please help, any idea?

Need to verify what version Boot Rom is installed in the machine. Needs to be a 'N'.

Quote Originally Posted by kuby View Post
    Need to verify what version Boot Rom is installed in the machine. Needs to be a 'N'.

Verified and its "N" boot Rom, still not printing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoMaq View Post
    same problem with me, please help, any idea?
    problem with ROM chip or HD..its only a copier ROM or hd...check in service mode it displays a 'BOARD' under copier, feeder.also check in copier -version-rom chip if it shows "xx.xx N" your machine ROM is ok..if it shows "xx.xx C" your machine is only a copier, reprogram your ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by clussmates View Post
    I'm having difficulty setting up the ir3570 as a network printer. I've configured the TCP/IP settings. When in service mode, I receive an OK/successful ping. I can also successfully ping the 3570 from any computer on the network as well as access the settings when I put the 3570's ip address in a browser. When accessing the settings page from a computer, I can get it to print the report. However when I try to print any actual document or file it fails. They all attempt to print, remain in Window's print queue for a minute, then times out and shows as error printing. The 3570's system monitor does not show any item under the print queue.

I've tried many of the drivers (PCL5/6, Postscript, UFR, etc.) and none work. When installing the driver, the computers can find the 3570 just fine via ip address. I have whitelisted all the computers ip addresses in the 3570's settings as well. There is no password or department IDs set. I've tested on 32/64 operating systems, XP/7/10. Same thing every time. Been scratching my head over this since I think I covered everything. Is there something I'm overlooking?

I am told this 3570 was previously only used as a copier.

Also taking a look at the manuals I found online, I seem to be missing many options from my menu compared to the pictures show in the manual. Is there a way to perform a factory reset to restore the missing options?

Happy holidays.

problem with ROM chip or HD..its only a copier ROM or hd...check in service mode it displays a 'BOARD' under copier, feeder.also check in copier -version-rom chip if it shows "xx.xx N" your machine ROM is ok..if it shows "xx.xx C" your machine is only a copier, reprogram your ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoMaq View Post
    Verified and its "N" boot Rom, still not printing.
    change ur hd with a printer ready 3570 hd..if still have problem..clear ur machine ram " all ram clear"..if still,replace counter+serial no with printer ok machine....if still, check your mfc board

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    imagerunner 3570 as Network Printer

you need to go into service mode and check the version and style of the boot rom. In this case you are looking for an 'N' version behind the numerical value of the firmware for the boot rom. Without an 'N' version you cannot and will not print. Special firmware is NOT required on the device after the boot rom is installed on these models, and there is NO extra RAM to install either.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

I've had the same issue before, in my case a MMI clear was needed. You could also re init the printer completely, if you do indeed have a N rom

Quote Originally Posted by sajith9544 View Post
    change ur hd with a printer ready 3570 hd..if still have problem..clear ur machine ram " all ram clear"..if still,replace counter+serial no with printer ok machine....if still, check your mfc board
    Thanks sir, j
    After clearing MMI as you suggested and verified the version, it shows now "C"! May I ask, how to upgrade it to "N"? Do I have to change the Boot Rom physically? Thanks again.