Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E003-0002 Error

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    E003-0002 Error

Re: E003-0002 Error

Quote Originally Posted by niyaskarimba View Post
    we are have the same problem,but only printing or copying using Bypass.And also the image is erasing......any suggestions pls
    I have ordered a DC controller - the last of the recommended steps in the service manual. I'll post the results.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    I performed a Copier>Function>Clear>Err, verified that the history was cleared, turned off power at the switch, then powered up. When the boot process completed the notice to call service appeared and the error history showed a new occurrence of the E003-0002 error. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
    If the history was cleared then it is the wrong error clear, there's one for the history but the one you want to reset is just error clear. It shouldn't flush the history when performed, merely tells the device to recheck the fuser condition. Just a suggestion based on the wording, perhaps you've covered this step.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    E003-0002 Error

Quote Originally Posted by roho View Post
    If the history was cleared then it is the wrong error clear, there's one for the history but the one you want to reset is just error clear. It shouldn't flush the history when performed, merely tells the device to recheck the fuser condition. Just a suggestion based on the wording, perhaps you've covered this step.
    Thanks for your input. What I did was Copier>Function>Clear>Err. I just took another look at the manual and found the Copier>Function>Clear>Err-Hist. I haven't performed that one and I get the impression that clearing the history wouldn't help. If I'm wrong about that let me know. Could clearing the DC controller have any effect?
    To recap:
    The fuser doesn't heat up at all. All connections look good. The fuser is known good, borrowed from a working machine, and the fuser from the problem machine is working fine in another copier. I've performed all of the steps recommended in the service manual, except the last step - replacing the DC controller. I just received the replacement DC controller. I'll install it tomorrow morning.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cscce View Post
    Thanks for your input. What I did was Copier>Function>Clear>Err. I just took another look at the manual and found the Copier>Function>Clear>Err-Hist. I haven't performed that one and I get the impression that clearing the history wouldn't help. If I'm wrong about that let me know. Could clearing the DC controller have any effect?
    To recap:
    The fuser doesn't heat up at all. All connections look good. The fuser is known good, borrowed from a working machine, and the fuser from the problem machine is working fine in another copier. I've performed all of the steps recommended in the service manual, except the last step - replacing the DC controller. I just received the replacement DC controller. I'll install it tomorrow morning.
    That's the correct one, sorry, misread the wording. I've had a new tech fall into that trap. Sounds like the right path. Good luck!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    E003-0002 Error

The problem is fixed! I decided to clear the original DC Controller's memory instead of replacing the board. Clearing the DC Controller memory [ Copier>Function>Clear>DC-CON ] corrected the problem.