Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    get over yourself, it's not breaking national security.

Quote Originally Posted by boshi View Post
    I don't really think that's fair to withhold that information, if your customers are messing up machines you service perhaps that should be part of the service contract rather than hoping for security through obscurity. I'm new to the copier trade, having worked with just with computers in the past and this seems rather strange to me. Is this standard in the industry?
    Withholding service access passwords is good industry practice.
    Service technicians(for the most part)have been trained by either the particular brand, or at least,the dealer that they work for.
    Customers...have not.
    if your customers are messing up machines you service perhaps that should be part of the service contract rather than hoping for security through obscurity
    Customers messing with settings via service modes OR Fiery password use will ALWAYS fall outside of service agreements no matter which part of the world you come from.
    If they tinker and damage/screw up settings then they should be charged for the service call to put things right.

yeah to shed some light my end....

most of my clients know that password. it saves us having to go and clear servers etc. they are all warned about using it at their own risk...anything damaged will result in some form of cost. none of my clients have ever reset anything....

but yeah i think its whatever u feel is necessary to get the job done as effieciantly as possible. If a client has time to go through a long thread such as this one...they are a bunch of sad K***TS!

hectech68

Re: ImagePress C1 with ImagePass C1 password

Also there is a file that you import thru Command Station and it will print out the Fiery Password so you don't have to Reload the system software to the Fiery ... Fiery will give to you if you are an Authorized Dealer..

Technician
    ImagePress C1 with ImagePass C1 password

Re: ImagePress C1 with ImagePass C1 password

For the technicians that supports the idea of enclosure of knowledge:

Here where I live is case of pure survival do myself the maintenance or train myself one multipurpose employer.
    The official support is too slow to come.
    The unofficial is too expensive.