Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

I agree about the software but just check the ITB wire connectors theres 4 of them in the area where the belt sits.

Technician
    Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateprintsolutions View Post
    I normally work on HP printers/mfp's. Have a customer that needed transfer belt cleaner replaced. Replaced it and now it keeps saying "insert drum cartridge" for all the colors. I have taken back apart, reinserted all the drums several times and checked for anything out of place. Am I going crazy, seems like it should be fine but keeps coming up with message, worked before I swapped out cleaning unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

replace itb unit will solve your problem

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Ah ok, this message usually appears after a drum has been replaced.

You could try a DC-CON reset in service mode, but as mentioned the correct way is to update the system software.
    Update the firmware and ensure DCON version is 66.01or more

Canon345

The correct information is that the ITB contacts can get dirty and give this misleading information. Same thing can happen when disturbing the Unit for any drum change.

The ONLY thing to do is to contact a local dealer and have the software updated. Its worth it and the machine will run better! The new software is designed to suppress the false and misleading information.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

Had one do the same thing, have had em do it after new drum installed, you have a bad ITB belt, install the old one back in and see if message goes away. Just had one do the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Canon345

Last time. The new software gets rid of the false and misleading message that is due to dirty contacts. Some of which you cannot get to to clean.

Lightbulb Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

Hi

As mentioned above the solution is to upgrade the firmware. Make sure all your Ground / Earth tabs and contacts are clean and simply upgrade the firmware, Any version from 61.01 and up should sort your issue out.

See below a service bulletin from canon....

cheers,

0007_001.jpg0007_002.jpg0008_001.jpg
    SAZ911..........