Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

I normally work on HP printers/mfp's. Have a customer that needed transfer belt cleaner replaced. Replaced it and now it keeps saying "insert drum cartridge" for all the colors. I have taken back apart, reinserted all the drums several times and checked for anything out of place. Am I going crazy, seems like it should be fine but keeps coming up with message, worked before I swapped out cleaning unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

You should upload the latest version of the firmware ,

there is a service bulletin about

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

Firmware upgrade is required, common issue on this series. I believe ver 71 or greater takes care of this.

Technician

HP has their firmware on their site does Canon do the same thing?

Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateprintsolutions View Post
    HP has their firmware on their site does Canon do the same thing?

Thanks
    Firmware is available on the Canon extranet site. You need an account with them to be able to login.

Technician
    Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

I normally work on HP printers/mfp's. Have a customer that needed transfer belt cleaner replaced. Replaced it and now it keeps saying "insert drum cartridge" for all the colors. I have taken back apart, reinserted all the drums several times and checked for anything out of place. Am I going crazy, seems like it should be fine but keeps coming up with message, worked before I swapped out cleaning unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

replace itb unit and no more drum issues

Technician

Post Re: Canon IR C3380i replaced tranfer cleaning unit and now says insert drum cartrdige

canon ir c3380 is the itb unit needs to be replaced

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Yes Canon only supply firmware to us trained engineers.
    However you can simply swap the drum chips around, so fit the old black unit chip to the new black unit, this "fools" the copier into thinking it still has the original drum fitted.
    This gives you time obtain the firmware (I can send you it if needed PM me)
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Yes Canon only supply firmware to us trained engineers.
    However you can simply swap the drum chips around, so fit the old black unit chip to the new black unit, this "fools" the copier into thinking it still has the original drum fitted.
    This gives you time obtain the firmware (I can send you it if needed PM me)
    thanks for the info, but I only replaced the transfer cleaning unit. I did not replace any of he drums. and it is saying insert drum cartridge for all colors.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Ah ok, this message usually appears after a drum has been replaced.

You could try a DC-CON reset in service mode, but as mentioned the correct way is to update the system software.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk