Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    NickR

you must insert a control card

I recently purchased some IR5000S machines from a copy center. They were all using card readers, but I want to reset them to work normally without any card readers. When you start the machine, it says "you must insert a control card". I can get into the service mode, but I do not know how to reset the machine to run normally without having to use a card reader. If anyone knows how to do some sort of master reset to the default settings that may help or any other suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    you must insert a control card

I haven't seen the control cards in ages!

The control card module plugs into the plug in the operation panel. If you are lucky the installer left the 4 pin jumper plug in there somewhere. Just unplug the control card module and plug in the jumper. I'll have to look at the manual to see if there is anything in the service mode that needs to be changed (but I don't think so).

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

NickR
    thank you for the info, I will try that when I get into the office tomorrow. I appreciate your help.

Service Manager 250+ Posts lkrsardis's Avatar

jumper

Or you can jump the wires that lead to connector j1060 pin 1And 3. Be careful.
    Like the United States Postal Service It's a miracle it works!

DVN

Re: you must insert a control card

Quote Originally Posted by NickR View Post
    I recently purchased some IR5000S machines from a copy center. They were all using card readers, but I want to reset them to work normally without any card readers. When you start the machine, it says "you must insert a control card". I can get into the service mode, but I do not know how to reset the machine to run normally without having to use a card reader. If anyone knows how to do some sort of master reset to the default settings that may help or any other suggestions would be great. Thank you.
    This is for iR C4580:

To access service menu press starhead (additional function key), 2 & 8 (together), starhead.
    Press starhead, 2, select "copier", "option", select "ACC", select "CC-SPSW", press 2 (to activate) or 0 (to deactivate), press OK, press yellow "Reset" to quit.