Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iRC3380

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

iRC3380

Good day guys,

I have 2 unit iRC3380 when I do PG 10 test 1 unit only the cyan color is totaly blank and the other unit the cyan & magenta color is blank. We have dismantle rear to check all the gear and clutch which is driving the developer unit seems all ok. Any idea guys that you have come across can share with me. Thank you

Canon345

Re: iRC3380

Thats very strange. Been working on these since day 1 and have never seen that.
    I would start looking at the laser unit. That is some really bad luck you would have two with bad units.

A possible solution for you.
    The symptom was resolved by replacing the laser unit with a new one.

1. If you experience this issue in the field, only one color is blank, there is the possibility it is due to faulty laser unit, hence replace it with a new one. When 2 colors, Y & Bk, or C & M problem occurs, assume it may be due to a faulty main controller PCB assembly(PDRM-EF-A), hence check the connections to this board.

2. After replacing the laser unit, register the value written in the label packaged with the scanner unit in the following service mode, and adhere the label in the front cover.

- COPIER > Adjust > LASER > FSLUT-Y1 to Y8
    - COPIER > Adjust > LASER > FSLUT-M1 to M8
    - COPIER > Adjust > LASER > FSLUT-C1 to C8
    - COPIER > Adjust > LASER > FSLUT-K1 to K8

FM3-0003-000 LASER SCANNER ASSEMBLY

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

After change laser unit assembly and PDRM-EF-A still the same problem.

Any thing else to change ?

Canon345

I had a drum rod pull out of a drum once. Stuck into the back of the machine. Is drum actually moving?

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Guy View Post
    Good day guys,

I have 2 unit iRC3380 when I do PG 10 test 1 unit only the cyan color is totaly blank and the other unit the cyan & magenta color is blank. We have dismantle rear to check all the gear and clutch which is driving the developer unit seems all ok. Any idea guys that you have come across can share with me. Thank you
    HI,

In reference to unit 2, you can try to exchange the most big sub-pcb on the main controller after that yellow and black will be blank, it means the sub-pcb is wrong.

All the best

change the developing unit. or check the coupling at the rear of the dev unit. if you turn the coupling and the shaft doesnt turn then order the new revised couplings. the old ones are black and the new ones are white with a pin

Canon345

Quote Originally Posted by hidius View Post
    change the developing unit. or check the coupling at the rear of the dev unit. if you turn the coupling and the shaft doesnt turn then order the new revised couplings. the old ones are black and the new ones are white with a pin
    Your information pertains to C5000 series. The C3380 series uses a combined drum and developer unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon345 View Post
    Your information pertains to C5000 series. The C3380 series uses a combined drum and developer unit.
    yeh sorry I just realised after I posted it but couldn't figure out how to delete it

Good day guys,

Is it show any error codes such as E020-XXX??

Good day guys,

Hi Blues Guy,

Had this issue a few times here in Southern Africa. I got the solution from tekcat many moons ago. I have tried to find the same post to share the link but cant seem to find it, will keep checking though.

The solution for me was the developer clutch, as you have mentioned you have checked, and i don't mean to be patronizing but try swapping the clutches around to see if the issue moves to another colour. i had the same issue and the clutch looked good but wasn't.

good luck,
    SAZ911..........